Leatherneck SU-22 poll

badger66

Leatherneck SU-22 poll  

1178 members have voted

1. 1. Leatherneck SU-22 poll

• Yeah , I want to see the SU-22
    • No , Im not interested in the SU-22
    • Id like to see something differant from the Russian side ..... mention it .

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious why people are so interested in su22, where it was used and did it have same kind of almost symbolic place on russia as mig21?

But yeah, I want to see vietnam era usa fighter.

I think its a great lookin multirole aircraft . While not really a fighter is can carry lots of different stuff from anti-runway to SEAD to CAS and Recon with camera pods , and its fast , first attempt at a swing wing in DCS and for me ..... going back in time to my favourite era being mid 70 to mid 1990 .

After reunion of Germany tests of the SU-22 showed that its an very reliable plane and has good Defence systems...but hydraulic has been weak.

I would be very interested in hearing more about what the west thought about the 22 ..... if you know of someplace please .

I voted for, "Id like to see something differant from the Russian side". And that something different is a modern russian multi role fighter. We have the F-18C, F/A-18E and the Eurofighter comming. We need something simmilar on the Russian side. Otherwise we keep having this unbalanced situation like we have now in DCS.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I voted for, "Id like to see something differant from the Russian side". And that something different is a modern russian multi role fighter. We have the F-18C, F/A-18E and the Eurofighter comming. We need something simmilar on the Russian side. Otherwise we keep having this unbalanced situation like we have now in DCS.

As far as I know ED is planning SU-27S. We won't get any modern multirole variant soon, as it is still top secret and the laws in Russia are very strict in this regard. Aircraft like SU-22 or Mig 23 are more accessible, simpler avionics wise and can still bring interesting simulation. I also don't think we will see F-18E or Eurofighter soon, as these are complex weapon systems also classified with imense systems' and avionics complexity, which takes years to code.

Sorry, not interested... Give us the Flogger

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Those who are not interested in Su-22 will burn in hell, painfully :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

SU-22 gives me more of a bomber feel to it than Mig-27 which is more of a tactical strike aircraft, .. i imagine a Su-22 more of a nimbler version of bombers, bringing heavy payloads fast and carpet bomb the target.. land, re-arm repeat.. capable of doing this cheaper, faster, for longer periods than its counterparts.. as such its a beast..

In my personal opinion (and that is really important to keep in mind), I would rather not have another ground attack aircraft until we get a few more proper DCS level fighters in the air first, I think I would rather see perhaps a modernized MiG-21 version with the updated avionics and electronics before doing more ground pounding, I mean, we already have the Su-25 and the A-10 for that.

Perhaps it would be better for DCS to have a couple of multi-role proper DCS level aircraft before we stick to ground attack only.

From my side - YES!!! Totally YES!!!

My pictures:

DSC_0272.JPG

DSC_0233.JPG

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is it possible to develop the Mig-29 or Su-27?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

Is it possible to develop the Mig-29 or Su-27?

As far as I know, Eagle Dynamics is planning on making a proper DCS level Su-27 at some point in the future, the MiG-29 would probably have to be picked up by a third party as a result.

It is possible, I mean, Leatherneck simulations has it's hands full with the MiG-21Bis at the moment but another 3rd party could take up the challenge of making a MiG-29.

I love ground attack a/c. I absolutely love the A10C but I also want to defend myself against other fast movers better than the A10 can.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

We need strikers, and since the Mig-23 has been mentioned before as a possible next project why not the Mig-27?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P