China Hat forward long issues

Fanatic

Hi

So I’m a noob but learning. However I have a issue using the TGP. With it set as SOI, I find a target and TMS up to make it SPI. Then when I do China hat forward long to say make the Mav look at it, it just slews away and the Mav does nothing. Mav are warmed up, and selected in stores. What am I doing wrong? I can’t move on to other weapons till I figure this out. My Hotas is a sexy new TM Warthog and I’m using the Polaris and Schnix profile.

Thanks

Andy

Do you use TMS up short or long, once or twice ?

My procedure is: Put TGP crosshair on target, TMS up short to "lock" it ("Point"), TMS up long to make it SPI, China hat forward long to slave all to SPI, switch to MAV, China hat forward long again and the Mav slews to the target.

The first China forward long while still with TGP as SOI might be unnecessary, I don´t know, but it works for me.

Someone correct me if I´m wrong, but TMS up short only changes the TGP from Area tracking to Point tracking.

After that you have to make the point you are tracking now with the TGP the Sensor Point of Interest (SPI) with China hat forward long. Just try it that way and see if it works.

Wolf is right, you are probably failing to create SPI so when you press CHINA HAT forward long, it just slews every sensor to current steerpoint.

You should read the A-10C flight manual's pages between 88-92. That should clear things up for you fanatic. Which is located at

install directory->mods->aircraft->A-10C->docs->DCS A-10C Flight Manual EN

Edited by kylekatarn720

Ah ok so I need to TMS up long to assign the target as SPI. Then I can China hat forward long to slew all sensors to that SPI. I was only doing TMS up short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. I just checked my procedure from above, for Mavs the China forward long I did BEFORE switching to Mav-screen is indeed not necessary.

So the procedure is:

Put TGP crosshair on target

TMS up short to "lock" it ("Point")

TMS up long to make it SPI

switch to MAV-screen

China hat forward long and the Mav slews to the target

When you´re in range (indicator appears left side on Mav Screen) the little crosshair will start flashing when the Mav locked the target and you can fire.

Sometimes this requires another TMS up short (while Mav screen SOI)

When other targets in proximity you can slew the Mav over the next one in Mav-screen and as soon as it locks fire away again.