Sorry :(

-Rudel-

The MiG21bis has seen better times.

The biggest issues are the unrealistic flameouts. There is no way that a MiG21 will flame out that easily.

It also feels less maneuverable then it should. Real MiG21 are able to perform hammerheads and have a reputation for being very agile. Also, ground handling. This fighter should be able to take off from a mud pit, but in DCS the gear breaks easily and you'll get stuck on a small patch of grass...

For me the 1.5.4 patch had a great DCS MiG21bis. It was fun to fly and felt very sharp. Competitive. Then a couple of overcorrections, a patch here and there, and here we are. I still hope that Magnitude 3 will reverse the FM a bit, it was great but now it is so-so.

Have you flown a MiG-21 in real life or how do you know? I'm asking, because the lead developer (Dolphin887) for the DCS MiG-21 is actually an active service MiG-21 pilot.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with the flight modeling issue... it's performance has dropped so much i have started using the F5 instead... I know, but it works properly...

Yep, same with Mirage, MiG, Viggen and probably more.

I'm also down to F5.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Have you flown a MiG-21 in real life or how do you know? I'm asking, because the lead developer (Dolphin887) for the DCS MiG-21 is actually an active service MiG-21 pilot.

Well if he's active service MiG-21 pilot, that begs the question why is ASP modelled way different than it is in real-life.

Well if he's active service MiG-21 pilot, that begs the question why is ASP modelled way different than it is in real-life.

Serbian airforce may have changed/upgraded the systems on their planes maybe?

Or just simply, first module and limited experience so they got something close and thought it would do for a bit. Either way, M3 are saying they're going to do more work on it, so we can do nothing but wait.