MiG-21 and I

Flit

Hi MiG-21 pilots.

I've been drooling over this module for quite some time and so I couldn't resist the recent sale price, even though it's definitely worth the full price. I love it.

One question -for now lol. I did search 1st - honest. No result.

I'm having a bit of trouble deploying the drag shute. I flip the little cover up. I have my speed below 320. I push the deploy shute button as I have allocated. Nothing. I've tried quite a few times and now I need to ask. I am unable to deploy the drag shute.

Help appreciated.

That button with a cap is not to deploy. Is to release it from plane after been deployed.

To deploy chute you have to use button 30 in this image.

S9sNr4t.jpg

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Also, after takeoff and bringing up your landing gear you need to return the landing gear lever to the neutral position. If not then you'll suffer the loss of air pressure to operate the drag chute. You need to put the lever back to neutral and it'll help preserve the air pressure to engage the drag chute.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

alexbap thanks. I'm not actually pushing the button with my mouse. I allocated the buttons on my stick, and I'm sure I'm not trying to detach the chute before deploying it. I looked at the button allocation very carefully.

I'll try what you suggest javelina. I have not been neutralising the gear, so I'm guessing that is the cause.

I am embarrassed I misspelled 'chute'. I was looking at it funny, as I wrote 'shute', and cocked my head sideways. Yes, I feel better explaining that.

Thank you gents - for the tips (including spelling tips). I'll test it later. :thumbup:

EDIT: Yep. It was my failure to neutralise the landing gear. It's quite a trick for me to remember to do that. 2nd time up after test I forgot to neutralise again.

Edited by Flit
UPDATE

alexbap thanks. I'm not actually pushing the button with my mouse. I allocated the buttons on my stick, and I'm sure I'm not trying to detach the chute before deploying it. I looked at the button allocation very carefully.

I'll try what you suggest javelina. I have not been neutralising the gear, so I'm guessing that is the cause.

I am embarrassed I misspelled 'chute'. I was looking at it funny, as I wrote 'shute', and cocked my head sideways. Yes, I feel better explaining that.

Thank you gents - for the tips (including spelling tips). I'll test it later. :thumbup:

EDIT: Yep. It was my failure to neutralise the landing gear. It's quite a trick for me to remember to do that. 2nd time up after test I forgot to neutralise again.

great to hear M8! I've lots of hours in the MiG-21, and every once in a while, I miss this step too... especially when I'm on approach and I notice it's still "up". Then I think oh great, this is going to be a fun landing... :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control