DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Is the way I setup the export ok ?

-- Data export script for DCS, version 1.2.

-- Copyright © 2006-2014, Eagle Dynamics.

-- See http://www.lua.org for Lua script system info

-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)

-- to use standard network protocols in Lua scripts.

-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder

-- and in the installation folder of the DCS.

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.

-- Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please.

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local lfs=require('lfs');

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])

Reorganize entries in Export.lua, give an entry to my script higher than Tacview and SRS, on github in readme below is an example of how it should look

The application receives / sends data on separate ports

Edited by pet333r

OK, I changed around the order of that file.

Still the same issue ? wondering if I am sending the data from my tablet but not receiving data ? technically makes sense maybe ? The connection is clearly there at some level ?

In Hornet nothing has been changed lately, and the only thing that could cause such behavior is the wrong tablet IP address set in Config.lua because I doubt your firewall will block outgoing connections. Have you updated another script recently? Deactivate the others and check

nope...I don't mess around with scripts at all tbh, if the IP was wrong on the tablet would that mean the tablet is sending but not receiving ?
Script sends data from DCS on port 5160 (default) and receive from Android on 25070 (default). In Config.lua you provide the IP address of the device / tablet to which the data is sent. However, in the application on the tablet you provide the PC address to which all clicks will be sent, etc. Also check these default ports in the config.lua file and in the application settings

In Hornet nothing has been changed lately, and the only thing that could cause such behavior is the wrong tablet IP address set in Config.lua because I doubt your firewall will block outgoing connections. Have you updated another script recently? Deactivate the others and check

IP clash, fixed it thx

New version avaible 1.0.2020.507

Update the script to make everything work properly

https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script

- added Ka-50 PVI-800 panel & ABRIS buttons

- JF-17: added warning panel

- JF-17: added status lights on UFC panel in portrait mode

- AV8BNA: refreshed warning panel

- app: small changes on home screen

- minor bugs fixed & code optimization

Hi,

I use the .bat file to update, but seems that does not work. I still have two number 9 on the AV-8B UFC, compare to your pictures.

I also de-install and re-install the app, but still the same.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Hi,

I use the .bat file to update, but seems that does not work. I still have two number 9 on the AV-8B UFC, compare to your pictures.

I also de-install and re-install the app, but still the same.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

You have all "update" files?, there should be 3. As for this 8, I did not change in this update because I was working on a completely new look of the panels, example in the previous post

Would it be possible to change the way the radio rotary controls work on the F18 UFC ??

Either I am using them incorrectly or they are super sensitive and hard to rotate to the correct channel, I would "personally" prefer a simple split down the middle of the rotating control and press left to go down channel and right of the switch to up a channel, I have never managed to use that control and tune into the radio preset I wanted ? Don't know how other peoples mileage is with that control ?? Much the same way you did the F16 rotatory by splitting them vertically up/down instead of rotate ? although I think horizontally on the F18 here due to space constraints ?

Would it be possible to change the way the radio rotary controls work on the F18 UFC ??

Either I am using them incorrectly or they are super sensitive and hard to rotate to the correct channel, I would "personally" prefer a simple split down the middle of the rotating control and press left to go down channel and right of the switch to up a channel, I have never managed to use that control and tune into the radio preset I wanted ? Don't know how other peoples mileage is with that control ?? Much the same way you did the F16 rotatory by splitting them vertically up/down instead of rotate ? although I think horizontally on the F18 here due to space constraints ?

I want to change it, I was also thinking about buttons left / right to change channels

A few more suggestions (Hornet UFC, specifically but also others):

> Consider making the UFC buttons larger

> Remove the border around the UFC to increase the actual screen real estate available to working controls

> Change radio channel rotaries - they don't appear to work correctly - to buttons

All was working yesterday.

Have upgraded the app on my tablet.

Downloaded a pw-dev_script folder from github place. The latesst release.

I replaced the folder in saved games then ran a thing called `update_pw-dev_script.bat`

Now the app doesn't work fully.

The tablet buttons can be pushed and buttons in game respond however the images on the tablet are not showing readouts from cockpit.

All was working yesterday.

Have upgraded the app on my tablet.

Downloaded a pw-dev_script folder from github place. The latesst release.

I replaced the folder in saved games then ran a thing called `update_pw-dev_script.bat`

Now the app doesn't work fully.

The tablet buttons can be pushed and buttons in game respond however the images on the tablet are not showing readouts from cockpit.

The upgrade script does not update the Config.lua file so that you do not have to change the IP addresses it contains every time, download the Config.lua file manually and change the IP addresses to those you had

In the Config.lua file you must provide the IP address of your Android device

Edited by pet333r

I broke it

"change the IP addresses to those you had"

Ops!

Cant remember where they went. I think i wrote them down.

I do have the pc address, i dont know for sure the address of tablet.

Ok, wait....i have found the address's. Now where do they go?

So at the moment the app half works. It may be that DCS cant see the tablet?

I have included a LUA thing.

DCS UFC.zip

Edited by pocketedition

"change the IP addresses to those you had"

Ops!

Cant remember where they went. I think i wrote them down.

I do have the pc address, i dont know for sure the address of tablet.

Ok, wait....i have found the address's. Now where do they go?

So at the moment the app half works. It may be that DCS cant see the tablet?

I have included a LUA thing.

I checked the email you recently sent me, the IP address of your tablet was 192.168.1.65 at the time And you must enter the same address in the Config.lua file, find it:

ExportScript.Config.Host = "192.168.1.3"

And change 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.65

And that's it

Love the app, and all the progress you're making!

I have a question though: I can't seem to get the LCDs to work in the JF-17 UFC. I've updated the script and app. I've checked my IPs in both the app and the LUA file. I've temporary disabled the firewall in my computer.

My A-10C screens work just fine, like the UFC (and the new additions) and the CDU with the LCD.

In the JF-17 the Warnings work just fine, and I can also use the UFC fine. But the UFC LCDs aren't showing.

Any ideas?