Viper academic videos

JamesRothwell

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wags,

Why is the Viper ejection seat only armed when on hold at the runway and not at the time of startup?

Also, is it disarmed after landing when leaving the runway before parking?

Thanks,

Cats . . .

In the Real aircraft, it is often safer to shutdown the engine and jump out of the pit (egress) than to eject on the ground.

The pilot on the chute can be drag to a structure by the wind, the canopy is heavy and it will damage anything it hits, seat can do the same. Not to mention most F-16 are indoors or under roofs when starting, so very bad to eject under dose. The seat can take between 0.45 to about 1.45 seconds for the pilot and seat separation (depending on the mode and other factors). A lot of things happens in that time

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• ED Team
In the Real aircraft, it is often safer to shutdown the engine and jump out of the pit (egress) than to eject on the ground.

The pilot on the chute can be drag to a structure by the wind, the canopy is heavy and it will damage anything it hits, seat can do the same. Not to mention most F-16 are indoors or under roofs when starting, so very bad to eject under dose. The seat can take between 0.45 to about 1.45 seconds for the pilot and seat separation (depending on the mode and other factors). A lot of things happens in that time

What he said...

And the probe heat is not turned on until shortly before takeoff to keep it from over-heating.

And the probe heat is not turned on until shortly before takeoff to keep it from over-heating.

Not needed in the RL aircraft unless there is icing conditions on the ground. The probe heat monitor monitors current flow to the pitot, fuselage air data, and AOA probes (total temperature probe current is not monitored). If the current flow decreases below a certain value, the monitor illuminates the PROBE HEAT caution light. The monitor operates anytime the aircraft is airborne, regardless of the PROBE HEAT switch position. The pitot, fuselage air data, AOA, and the total temperature probe heaters are on anytime the aircraft is airborne, regardless of the PROBE HEAT switch position.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Why do you all do this? There's a lot of gullible people in this community.:doh:

Not gullible just hopeful.

If that time comes and goes I wont be one of the guys screaming that ED can't do anything right. I will just go with the flow and wait until the next release window is announced and again wait patiently.

I understand it is out of our hands and that there is also a lot of work to be done before and after early access release.

One thing I can't deny is that seeing the vids makes me happy and hopeful they can hit their target window, if not, no worries.

Can you tell I'm new around here?

:smilewink::thumbup:

Not gullible just hopeful.

If that time comes and goes I wont be one of the guys screaming that ED can't do anything right. I will just go with the flow and wait until the next release window is announced and again wait patiently.

I understand it is out of our hands and that there is also a lot of work to be done before and after early access release.

One thing I can't deny is that seeing the vids makes me happy and hopeful they can hit their target window, if not, no worries.

Can you tell I'm new around here?

:smilewink::thumbup:

I'm with you SmoglessPanic. We are finally getting an F-16 in DCS and it is hard not to get very excited, especially now with the videos. No need to apologize for being excited and hoping for the best in terms of release. We need more healthy optimism around here.

I have been here a bit longer than you and have learned to ignore the bullies, so just give it time and you will be able to do the same.

September 25th is early Autumn, so it is possible. There are plenty of dates that ED could have given Steam that fall within the early Autumn window so there could be something to it. However, history tells us otherwise and with previous modules, the Steam date is most likely just a place holder and not a firm release date. Early Autumn is the official release target and is roughly between late September and late October. Although, I do think about all the people who purchased the F-16 on Steam and don't ever view these forums...they are unaware of DCS module release history and are fully expecting the F-16 to be released on September 25th, as they should.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I'm with you SmoglessPanic. We are finally getting an F-16 in DCS and it is hard not to get very excited, especially now with the videos. No need to apologize for being excited and hoping for the best in terms of release. We need more healthy optimism around here.

I have been here a bit longer than you and have learned to ignore the bullies, so just give it time and you will be able to do the same.

September 25th is early Autumn, so it is possible. There are plenty of dates that ED could have given Steam that fall within the early Autumn window so there could be something to it. However, history tells us otherwise and with previous modules, the Steam date is most likely just a place holder and not a firm release date. Early Autumn is the official release target and is roughly between late September and late October. Although, I do think about all the people who purchased the F-16 on Steam and don't ever view these forums...they are unaware of DCS module release history and are fully expecting the F-16 to be released on September 25th, as they should.

I appreciate the feedback!

From what I understand recent release history would dictate the timetable you specified, fingers crossed.

Not needed in the RL aircraft unless there is icing conditions on the ground. The probe heat monitor monitors current flow to the pitot, fuselage air data, and AOA probes (total temperature probe current is not monitored). If the current flow decreases below a certain value, the monitor illuminates the PROBE HEAT caution light. The monitor operates anytime the aircraft is airborne, regardless of the PROBE HEAT switch position. The pitot, fuselage air data, AOA, and the total temperature probe heaters are on anytime the aircraft is airborne, regardless of the PROBE HEAT switch position.

...and on the ground if the NLG WOW isn't properly in contact...ask me how I know. :mad:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

...and on the ground if the NLG WOW isn't properly in contact...ask me how I know. :mad:

That's why you check them with the back of your hand! :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man, those MFs sure do get HOT!! ask me how I know....:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Man, those MFs sure do get HOT!! ask me how I know....:mad:

OUCH :cry:

That's why you check them with the back of your hand! :thumbup:

Thankfully I only melted the covers...

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

OUCH :cry:

Thankfully I only melted the covers...

Haha yep - been there before too.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another Viper video tonight! I'll be watching the premiere on YouTube hopefully.
For real?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

For real?

Well it's not much time left till Early Autumn, when the Viper is supposed to be released in EA.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

And so it begins again... :helpsmilie:

That it does. It will be out when its out....

Early Autumn doesnt meant Sept. 23rd (was correcting his dates, not sure why people thing the first day of fall is the 21st....) it means before the end of Autumn. :lol:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog