[REPORTED]Constant AI wave-off on carrier landing

AI is waved-off constantly upon trying to land on carrier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=248521&stc=1&d=1601202860

This is happening in almost every of my missions but the exact cause is difficult to track down. In my experience this is affected by aircraft weight (fuel and stores), carrier speed and wind. But something is seriously bugged as the effects are often contrary to expectations.

See attached tracks. In the first track the carrier is moving at 10 kts and two Tomcats land without issue. In the second track the carrier moves at 30 kts and the AI is waving off for 30 minutes.

Playing with the fuel level (weight) of the aircraft will also affect whether AI will wave-off. But again this often seems bugged. For example I had reduced the fuel of only the leader, which resulted in the wingman being able to land (but not the leader).

This happens on the Supercarriers and the Stennis.

F-14 seem to be most strongly affected by this but I have also seen it with the Hornet, although more rarely.

This is a major issue for my carrier missions, as the AI getting stuck in the wave-off limbo will block every other AI aircraft from recovering, usually resulting in various AI crashing waiting over the carrier due to fuel starvation.

I assume this whole issue is caused by the (bugged) attempt to enforce a maximum trap-weight on the AI. I strongly suggest to reconsider this in the light that the AI is unable to reduce weight by dumping fuel and that the AI doing wave-offs for 30 minutes, blocking all recovery operations, is an extremely unrealistic outcome. Considerably less realistic than the AI doing overweight traps.

F-14_WO_Carrier10kts.trk

F-14_WO_Carrier30kts.trk

AI_WO.thumb.jpg.bb48031510a6f5dbfa2aeea6d9df960b.jpg

Edited by MBot

• ED Team

This is working correctly in our internal build, I will ask the team.

I have made a report

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2