Engine effects

hazzer

There should be more variety in every start-up of the prop aircraft, at low rpm the engine should start to cut out.

At the minute there is no point doing mag checks or runups prior to take off as it is exactly the same each time

Also just like with the spitfire it should be possible to overtime the engine.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

There should be more variety in every start-up of the prop aircraft, at low rpm the engine should start to cut out.

At the minute there is no point doing mag checks or runups prior to take off as it is exactly the same each time

Also just like with the spitfire it should be possible to overtime the engine.

YES!

YES!

YES!

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

… At the minute there is no point doing mag checks or runups prior to take off as it is exactly the same each time …
Actually there is no point in following any checklist procedure in any flight sim in the World as you know as a matter of fact that everything works fine and every swithch is in the "correct" position every time you hit fly. But you know, it's cool to do things for the sake of geekness. Blaming DCS for being just like any other simulator in the screen in front of you is a bit… weird :huh:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Actually there is no point in following any checklist procedure in any flight sim in the World as you know as a matter of fact that everything works fine and every swithch is in the "correct" position every time you hit fly. But you know, it's cool to do things for the sake of geekness. Blaming DCS for being just like any other simulator in the screen in front of you is a bit… weird :huh:.

S!

In other Sims such as p3d and xplane There are many add onaircraft that now feature engine wear and spark plug fowling just to name a few features. So mag checks and following the correct procedure is necessary!

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

In other Sims such as p3d and xplane There are many add onaircraft that now feature engine wear and spark plug fowling just to name a few features. So mag checks and following the correct procedure is necessary!
You can switch on random failures in the options as well as collidable "birds" IIRC.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

You can switch on random failures in the options as well as collidable "birds" IIRC.

S!

Not what I'm talking about is it. General wear and tear, spark plug fowling etc it's not a random failiure

Not what I'm talking about is it. General wear and tear, spark plug fowling etc it's not a random failiure
Yeah, yeah, but this is a flight simulator, not a ground mechanic simulator.

S!

Yeah, yeah, but this is a flight simulator, not a ground mechanic simulator.

S!

Urm it's all one and the same. You run your engine rough the plugs fowl. It's simple.

Urm it's all one and the same. You run your engine rough the plugs fowl. It's simple.
+1

Having slightly different positions of switches and controls would be a plus as well. Would actually give players an incentive to go through checks. And the engine checks are useless, because the engine doesn't react like all the manuals state it should. Only one that works is the prop gov check.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

+1

Having slightly different positions of switches and controls would be a plus as well. Would actually give players an incentive to go through checks. And the engine checks are useless, because the engine doesn't react like all the manuals state it should. Only one that works is the prop gov check.

That's stuff I love about some other civil flight Simsn the aircraft actually feel alive!