VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Japo32 make sure to select the option O.B. for Vaicom. I think Vaicom will use the old structure for compatibility wih stable if you don't.

I did that, and didn't work. In my case even beeing a openbeta in saved games folder it is as DCS folder (no DCS.openbeta one), so I have to switch off the OB option.

In any case, I removed all my DCS saved games folder and let rebuilt it by DCS but no luck. Still 10% stuck.

Only fixed after repairing.

There was no problem in 2.5.5

Edited by Japo32

if you had the 10% problem in the past, have you tried repairing DCS?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Maybe I didn't explain correctly.

Previous 2.5.6 I had no problem with Vaicom and DCS. Non 10% issue.

With this 2.5.6 I only tested vaicom with the update and since then, all I have is 10% issue even removing all the DCS user/save games folder.

of course I have to make a repair in DCS, each time I run vaicom and lot load it, to pass that 10%

With Vaicom is impossible to make it run.

Same here. I am unable to use Voice Attack/Vaicompro in 2.5.6. Hangs at 10%. I have to run repair and NOT open VA at all in order to run 2.5.6 successfully.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

After further testing I have an issue that perhaps someone can assist me with? After the dcs 2.5.6 update and the Viacom latest update that overcome the compatibility problem I’m left with no audio responses to any radio calls. I have deduced that the fault is with dcs as I have run DCS without Viacom and out of VR and whilst I can hear the pilots voice when using the F menus, I can’t hear any response associated with the radio call. Which is mirroring what happens when I use my own voice in Viacom.

Is there something missing file wise? I’m a bit stumped so anyone got any ideas?

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

damn! just tested this again, I get exacty the same symptoms now on 2.5.6 hangs at 10% again ...obviously i was testing this all in one session yesterday!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Same.

1. Hangs 10%

2. Update VAICOM

3. Repair DCS

4. Launch DCS... works.

5. Quit DCS, Launch VAICOM, Launch DCS, Hangs 10%

Yep, I just did the same.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

What worked for me was to delete the VAICOM export lua in Saved Games, do a lua Reset via the VAICOM utility, close VA, repair DCS, restart VA and DCS and after that it works fine for multiple starts.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I'm having the same trouble and its not just the audio responses. I suspect it is a DCS problem. I think AI is running the commands since if I make an inbound call to ATC I get no voice or text response, but reopening the communication menu it opens to the post-inbound submenu. It is, however, intermittent. Ground crew is responding, for example.

After further testing I have an issue that perhaps someone can assist me with? After the dcs 2.5.6 update and the Viacom latest update that overcome the compatibility problem I’m left with no audio responses to any radio calls. I have deduced that the fault is with dcs as I have run DCS without Viacom and out of VR and whilst I can hear the pilots voice when using the F menus, I can’t hear any response associated with the radio call. Which is mirroring what happens when I use my own voice in Viacom.

Is there something missing file wise? I’m a bit stumped so anyone got any ideas?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

What worked for me was to delete the VAICOM export lua in Saved Games, do a lua Reset via the VAICOM utility, close VA, repair DCS, restart VA and DCS and after that it works fine for multiple starts.

Excellent. I will try this when I get home this evening.

That did not work for me.

DCS World 2.5.6 is still getting stuck at 10% on loading.

I noticed an update for VAICOM today, but that did not fix the issue.

Running DCS World without VA and VAICOM has no problems.

I'm having the same trouble and its not just the audio responses. I suspect it is a DCS problem. I think AI is running the commands since if I make an inbound call to ATC I get no voice or text response, but reopening the communication menu it opens to the post-inbound submenu. It is, however, intermittent. Ground crew is responding, for example.

I did the lua reset and restarted. Still no audible reply to commands in DCS. This is true even when using the “\” command. DCS responds to commands but the audio replies are gone.

Not so sure it’s a dcs issue now! I ran another test with no Viacom or VR and this time I did get a response from DCS. Switched to Viacom in VR and but no response. I switched on sub titles in dcs audio to check the transmissions I made where being received. Frustrating!

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Thanks, solved my 10% issue

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

Not so sure it’s a dcs issue now! I ran another test with no Viacom or VR and this time I did get a response from DCS. Switched to Viacom in VR and but no response. I switched on sub titles in dcs audio to check the transmissions I made where being received. Frustrating!

I am not flying VR, but I am getting responses fine (or at least as consistently as before.....)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

With VAICOM PRO 2.5.16 running, and DCS 2.5.6 and audio redirect enabled, probably my favorite feature,

I get the following error message in the DCS log file when loading is stuck at 10%

2020-02-17 20:34:23.506 ALERT Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./Scripts/UI/gameMessages.lua"]:30: module 'lentaMessages' not found:

with audio redirect NOT enabled, DCS loads fine.

That fixed the issue! thanks! :thumbup:

Edit: no.. it is not working. I was mistaken. It saved the new export.lua in a different folder.. When I realized that it was not the right folder it again stucks in 10%

Edited by Japo32

Right now Vaicom is working for me, but like others I'm not getting responses from AI, this is audio responses only, as I get onscreen text responses (with that option enabled). With Jester AI I still get both audio and text confirmation, this is only happening with other units like Tankers ATC etc. Not sure if it's a Vaicom issue or DCS, have to test.

Reply again here to say that no, it is not working the reset of the LUA code Still stuck in 10%

Does this mean I am going to loose this good plugin? as I saw that there was not reply about this from Hollywood. Hope not, because the only difference between when it was working and now it is the new update (of dcs and vaicom)

Edited by Japo32

VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Reply again here to say that no, it is not working the reset of the LUA code Still stuck in 10%

Does this mean I am going to loose this good plugin? as I saw that there was not reply about this from Hollywood. Hope not, because the only difference between when it was working and now it is the new update (of dcs and vaicom)

First of all Hollywood just did an update like 24 hours ago.

I had the no sound problem until I turned off audio redirect and then it worked fine.

Make sure the DCS version is 2.5.6 before applying the new patch for Viacom. The steam version rolled back to 2.5.5

Please, give people time. Its been barely 1 working day. They will solve it probably soon.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk