• Yes
    • No

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
i3994-cimgpsh-orig.png

VKB have finished the designing stage of their co-production with Heatblur Simulations which resulted in a final 3d model of a legendary grip.

Now VKB is moving on to working on the interior of the grip.

Although the design was based on 3d scanning of a real life sample, VKB sees it vital to have the prototype approved by the experienced real life F14 pilots. For that, the prototype will be shortly sent to Heatblur.

Before we proceed to working on the interiors, we would like to ask virtual pilots the following two questions:

1 - Does the grip have to have twist function?

Twist mechanism does not change the looks of the grip, as it is entirely inside the casing.

Also, this mechanism can be easily locked when not needed.

However twist mechanism has its price, which will increase the total cost of the grip.

2 - Should there be a Warthog base mountable version of the grip?

This question is more complex than it sounds. Warthog's controller can only handle buttons, not axes. Hence, this version of the grip will be limited in its functionality compared to standard version: the self centering thumbwheel will work as two buttons, effectively cancelling precise analog mode. Needless to say, the twist will be not available for this version, either.

Important note about compatibility with VPC bases: Whether VPC bases can or cannot work with VKB grips, one should ask VPC. We are NOT working on it, and have NO plans to work on making this possible.

We are not talking about "axes will turn into buttons" here. We are talking about no compatibility at all.

This is not disputable.

In simple explicit words:

Do NOT expect to buy VKB grips with intention to make them work on a VPC base. This will most likely NOT happen.

We are waiting for your feedback.

DISCLAIMER:

This is NOT a product announcement. We are not talking about estimated release date of this product, nor we are accepting any obligation to ever release the product as such. It is a prospective model we are working on. To get updates on its progress please check our forum every now and again. When there are news, you will be the first to know!

I'm a big believer in the "K.I.S.S" Method, "Keep, It, Simple, Sally"

Just my opinions of course.

1 - No need for rotation because of cost, etc. although not correct, I would just rotate the my whole setup, no biggie.

2 - I prefer the Warthog base mainly cost wise, I have the base and the less I spend on a base the more I'll spend on all the cool sticks you and others will hopefully make for the warthog base. Also seeing as how many Warthog setups are out there it wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for your time and hard work on these projects and asking everyone's opinions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ravens "We be Jammin":pilotfly:

1. No twist for me.

2. Warthog compatibility will make the grip accessible to more users. This means more customers for VKB.

Yes, but that as well means that VKB is limiting the product capabilities because old design of another company, meaning they need to support them forever.

It is just better that TM customers just swap to VKB.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes, but that as well means that VKB is limiting the product capabilities because old design of another company, meaning they need to support them forever.

It is just better that TM customers just swap to VKB.

Not if they are selling a stand alone Warthog compatible grip. That opens up an additional market for them.

Just watching some videos on the F-14 it's starting to become apparent that you're going to need some kind of rudder control for flight if you don't have pedals (I don't and I don't think many players do either) this F-14 joystick IMO is going to be near useless in combat without a yaw axis. Thoughts?

Just watching some videos on the F-14 it's starting to become apparent that you're going to need some kind of rudder control for flight if you don't have pedals (I don't and I don't think many players do either) this F-14 joystick IMO is going to be near useless in combat without a yaw axis. Thoughts?

Probably a fair assessment. However, since their biggest competitors are the TM Warthog and Virpil sticks, neither of which have twist ability, I expect VKB will be reluctant to add to the cost of their product without a strong customer desire for it. On the face of it, that desire doesn't seem to be there.

Definatly make it Warthawg compatible, but no on the twist.

Absolutely this.

The swapable warthog idea for multiple sticks/planes is a good one.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thus in short, incorperate it and make everybody happy

We would do it of course but the point of asking was that people don't like to pay for what they're not going to use, ever - I mean really, if I have pedals and don't need any twist at all why would I pay like 20 bucks more with every grip I buy...

Otherwise, I'm with you. Just incorporate, make it lockable, and forget it. Would be a lot easier.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Correct. Which means people should buy rudder pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

:thumbup:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Some people simply don't have the space for pedals, and instead prefer twist.

And finally the people who buy high end sticks like these usually don't really care if there's a small increase in cost for an extra feature that some find very useful.

We would do it of course but the point of asking was that people don't like to pay for what they're not going to use, ever - I mean really, if I have pedals and don't need any twist at all why would I pay like 20 bucks more with every grip I buy...

Otherwise, I'm with you. Just incorporate, make it lockable, and forget it. Would be a lot easier.

I understand that you ask, but I think the answers are going to be mostly from purists who don't see the need, whilst the majority who can see its use aren't here on these forums.

Hence why I'd recommend adding the twist feature, as long as it's lockable ofcourse.

Some people simply don't have the space for pedals, and instead prefer twist.

And finally the people who buy high end sticks like these usually don't really care if there's a small increase in cost for an extra feature that some find very useful.

The space for pedals? You don’t have a floor that your feet rest on when sitting in your computer chair?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The space for pedals? You don’t have a floor that your feet rest on when sitting in your computer chair?

Hey Buck- It's not about space its just more IMO needless things to buy and another thing to break, my preference has always been a stick with a twist.

Fellow Pilots,

Thank you all for taking part in the poll regarding Tomcat grip twist function.

We have made a decision that is going to make both sides happy. More about it in due time.

Thank you once again for your valuable input.

The poll is officially over.

I really would like to buy this grip for my warthog stick to compliment the Tomcat but all I keep hearing is people can never buy VKB products because they are so limited in availability.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I really would like to buy this grip for my warthog stick to compliment the Tomcat but all I keep hearing is people can never buy VKB products because they are so limited in availability.

Rumors of that have been greatly exaggerated - though at least if that all was nothing but true it would prove VKB products were so sought after.

Wait and we'll see.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator