Comms menu keeps popping up

Anyone else having an issue with the comms menu continuously cycling on and off since the update?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I've had that for a few weeks now. It only seems to happen when I have VoiceAttack running with VIACOM. I'm not sure if it's VIACOM or VA. Or maybe like you it's just DCS?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I have run into that issue after updates. I found that if I close VA and DCS and then restart VA and then DCS it fixes the issue. At least that has worked for me.

Cheers bud. I'll give that a try. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

That appears to have sorted it out....thanks!

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

I have run into that issue after updates. I found that if I close VA and DCS and then restart VA and then DCS it fixes the issue. At least that has worked for me.

Just did a quick test and that did seem to fix it. I hope this 'fix' continues to fix it.

I've seen this problem posted in the VIACOM thread, but I've only seen one resolution that some say fixed it. It didn't fix it for me, but it seemed to because I had to exit VA and DCS and restart them. :music_whistling:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Just did a quick test and that did seem to fix it. I hope this 'fix' continues to fix it.

I've seen this problem posted in the VIACOM thread, but I've only seen one resolution that some say fixed it. It didn't fix it for me, but it seemed to because I had to exit VA and DCS and restart them. :music_whistling:

I don't know if the resolution you are refering to is to one I posted there. But I get this issue with every DCS update, and doing it allways fixes it for me.

Just reset your LUA code (not the whole thing, just the LUA) via VIACOM Config reset tab.

I don't know if the resolution you are refering to is to one I posted there. But I get this issue with every DCS update, and doing it allways fixes it for me.

Just reset your LUA code (not the whole thing, just the LUA) via VIACOM Config reset tab.

The resolution I saw was to select your Beta Folder again. Someone posted that re-selecting it fixed this problem.

What lua code are you referring to? The Export.lua?

You need to delete your export file. DCS will build a new one when you run it next time. It happens o me every now and then.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

All I can say is I have to do it every couple of months or so for whatever reason it gets bugged. And it works for me every time without causing any issues to either Vaicom or SSA

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

The Lua Viacom alters in DCS, gets overwriten with updates. If you go to VIacom config. Ctrl alt C, within voice attack, there is a TAB named reset. Uncheck everything except the Lua, and hit the reset button.

If you delete it, it won't contain the changes needed by Viacom. In fact the file getting deleted and recreated by DCS is causing the problem.

Just curious, do you know exactly which LUA files get 'Reset'?

Is it the /Scripts/VAICOMPRO/VAICOMPRO.export.lua File? I doubt that DCS would ever change that. And my Export.lua looked fine.

I just did the reset, and started a mission. The Comms menu popped up again, and I closed it. This happened a few more times and then stopped. Still not sure.. Time will tell.:cry:

What is strange to me is that you don't notice it, with each DCS update.

I know, it happens maybe every 3 or 4 updates. I’ve never looked into it as I know how to fix it so it doesn’t bother me anymore. Maybe there’s something else amiss as well, I don’t know.

Edited by mr_mojo97

For some reason I can never get the damn config screen to open

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Maybe you have some other app using some of those hotkeys? (LCtrl+LAlt+C) And blocking them from being seen by VAICOM. Have you tried stopping all the apps that you can in your SysTray to see if one does this?

I had a similar issue with some audio hotkeys being blocked by some other audio software. I removed it and it fixed that problem.

I had this issue last week. You need to re-import the vap file in Vaicom

Edited by mr_mojo97

• 2 weeks later...

By chance, are all of you guys flying the F/A-18c?

Or have you had this problem in other aircraft? If so, is it worse in certain aircraft?

Today I noticed that in the F/A-18c, I can constantly open the Comms menu by just pressing the Battery switch and also the APU switch in the cockpit. If you just continue to click them, the Comms menu Opens and Closes constantly.

I tested the A10c and AV-8B and did not have this problem with these switches.

If you get a chance please test this for me. Thx.

I had this issue yesterday after the update and yes I fly the F18. I thought I was touching the POV button

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I had this issue yesterday after the update and yes I fly the F18. I thought I was touching the POV button

And were you using VAICOM?

I made this video and sent it to Hollywood_315.

I noticed the Comms menu consistently opens and closes when turning the Battery to ON/ORIDE, or the APU to ON. And it doesn't happen if VloiceAttack/VAICOM is not running.

He is interested in looking into this. So, have tested all my aircraft, and out of my 20 clickable aircraft that I own, the Comms menu opens when I spawn into the pit on almost all of them. But, the only aircraft that opens the comms menu with clicking switches is the FA18.

So, I wanted to ask here if others flying the FA18 when they see this and are running VAICOM? So, that I can document this better, so he can focus on that aircraft, if that's the problem.

Edited by Snacko

• 4 weeks later...

Are you using CTS?

if so its Leftalt left ctrl V

if you goto "edit a profile"

you can se what the "configuration" is set to.

Mine was changed when I imported CTS and took me forever to figure it out..

:joystick: