White tire - design query

Abburo

I want to paint the tire side of P-51 to white color.

First, I need to say that the rubber tires texture comes from a separate texture file called "p-51_wheel". The wheels within the FUSE_Front and FUSE_Rear are actually a layer below so that the colors comes from another file.

My problem is that I don't know how to identify the correct name of this texture so that I can add it correctly into the description.lua file.

Can anyone help me to understand better where I could find the correct texture name to be added into the description file ?

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

First, I need to say that the rubber tires texture comes from a separate texture file called "p-51_wheel". The wheels within the FUSE_Front and FUSE_Rear are actually a layer below so that the colors comes from another file.

My problem is that I don't know how to identify the correct name of this texture so that I can add it correctly into the description.lua file.

Can anyone help me to understand better where I could find the correct texture name to be added into the description file ?

The wheels are separated into left and right in the description.lua. I'm away from my PC, but IIRC, its P-51_WHEEL_R or L. Will check when I get home. BUT, this is only for the tread textures.

If you want to change the rim and the immediately surrounding rubber, you can change it through the P-51_FUZ_FRONT.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

You can change only the rim in the P-51 Fuselage front. All rubber is changed by the wheel textures. You may put

{"P-51D_FUZ_FRONT_WHEEL_L", 0 ,"Thetiretexturename",false};

Same thing for the right wheel, only in place of L, you type an R.

Good luck!

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

It worked... just a small typo on your syntax on "P-51":

{"P51D_FUZ_FRONT_WHEEL_L", 0 ,"Thetiretexturename",false};

The result attached.

It might happen you could be aware what would be the texture and sybtax to tail wheel? I cannot identify either the texture.

Thank you a lot!

P51-wheel.PNG.de25373282cf8fd7997bbc35b8657985.PNG

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

It worked... just a small typo on your syntax on "P-51":

{"P51D_FUZ_FRONT_WHEEL_L", 0 ,"Thetiretexturename",false};

The result attached.

It might happen you could be aware what would be the texture and sybtax to tail wheel? I cannot identify either the texture.

Thank you a lot!

Awesome!

Sorry, no, I don't know about the tail wheel. :/