Where do start!

SDRipper

Hello Gents,

I am _4thFG_Ripper from CFS2, and IL2 1946 was the last combat sim I have played years ago, so 6 months ago I installed DCS with Normandy+Assets and the P51-D and pretty much did not play after giving up on the learning curve! You see I am becoming technologically challenged as the years move foreword lol!

Now I did follow the game tutorials on the caucus map to fly the P51-D, and I only have trouble with taxing, other than that I a fine!

I cannot figure out how to launch myself directly into the Normandy Map? Is it because no missions come with the map and I must construct one?

Also tried going in Multiplayer and found no servers using the map!

If you can point me in the direction of some video or written procedure, I'd sure appreciate it.

I also purchased IL2 Bodenplatte Pre-release. Btw I am a licenced CPL ME IR.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

~ 4thFG_Ripper

Edited by SDRipper
Where do I Start

Canadian CPL ME IR

DCS Normandy Map +Assets Pack/ P51-D / Spitfire / BF-109 / FW 190-D9 / F/A-18C / A-4E

Intel i7 7700k Kaby Lake 4.2 / Gigabyte GA-270X Ultra Gaming Mobo / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3866 Memory / Radeon RX 590/

Thrust Master Hotas Warthhog / Delan Fusion Clip with PS2 Camera

You perhaps did not see any server with Normandy map because you do not use BETA DCS and the most of servers is running on BETA.

Now STABLE DCS is the same, so you wil see few.

Unfortunately, majority of players who play WWII go on Burning Skies and this server is running on Caucasus map not on Normandy.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

The Storm of War server uses Normandy, but it is currently offline for re-development work (back in February). It too, uses DCS Open Beta. There are some SoW squads that fly DCS, try getting in touch with the ones that fly the P-51D. Often squads run their own servers specifically for missions.

There are, sadly, no "quick missions" yet for DCS. But there are some campaigns which you can buy (e.g. Charnwood). That said, the mission editor is very good (the best mission editor I've ever seen) and it is possible to set up your own missions quite quickly. Someone could talk you through it in 5 mins, tops.

Thank you all for your assistance! So it seems I am not as technologically challenged as I thought I was! I managed to download Normandy missions users created, and tried some, I managed to add many skins to the P51-D and customize the sound when I launch DCS "Bugle Boy from company B" and added better gun sounds to the P51-D.

Next is to configure my old Aviator Joystick Software since there are too many key commands. I will spend a good part of the morning doing this! I do not fly VR (yet) nor do I own track IR,

but I did just purchase these http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tflight-us-air-force-edition

1-Ok I will download DCS 2.5 beta

2-71st Ah Rob, thank you for the invite, I will drop in. I just saw your profile! I am also from Canada living in Gatineau, and same age as you!

Canadian CPL ME IR

DCS Normandy Map +Assets Pack/ P51-D / Spitfire / BF-109 / FW 190-D9 / F/A-18C / A-4E

Intel i7 7700k Kaby Lake 4.2 / Gigabyte GA-270X Ultra Gaming Mobo / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3866 Memory / Radeon RX 590/

Thrust Master Hotas Warthhog / Delan Fusion Clip with PS2 Camera

I managed to add many skins to the P51-D and customize the sound when I launch DCS "Bugle Boy from company B"

I imagine you used my menu music mod, and Reflected's liveries? ;) https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2898837/?sphrase_id=12907363

And for the Mustang's sounds, I find Jafa did a wonderful job, though I edited the sdef files a bit, particularly the frontal sounds.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria