Temporary Replacement for Mission 2

Our flight lead in mission 2 seems to be having difficulty avoiding terrain so here is a temporary replacement for that mission that clears the issue up. You should still have advanced in the campaign after it happened but that turn at Nav Point 4 was definitely not working as intended.

If you would like to fly the mission again, here is an updated version:

RF-AJS37-2.miz

To fly the new version, save the file to C:\Users\Xxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Missions folder. It will be available for selection by going to the Missions menu and selecting My Missions.

This version will be included with the next update to DCS: World so there will be no action required after that.

Thanks for your patience and if you are not an owner of the campaign, enjoy the free sample! In fact, mission 1-3 are about to be made available for free so more to come soon.

Bunyap

RF-AJS37-2.miz

Edited by Bunyap

To fly the new version, save the file to C:\Users\Xxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Missions folder. It will be available for selection by going to the Missions menu and selecting My Missions.

So am I understanding it correctly that it would cause problems to overwrite the buggy original mission? No biggie, just asking :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Probably not but I wouldn't recommend it. :) You can skip that mission in the campaign by selecting this at F10 in the radio menu and exiting. That way, you don't have to fly it twice, or at all for that matter

Roger that and thanks for the speedy reply :thumbup: I guess I will backup the original, try to overwrite it with the new version and copy the old one back once I completed it. Let's see how that works... Or I just wait for the next DCS update. Your campaigns are too good to pass a single mission :D

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 2 months later...

Took me (my flight lead) 2 attempts to make that turn before looking on the forums for a solution, thanks for the fix!

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

• 7 months later...

Just right now I managed to accomplish Mission 10 ... and ... Success! Yess!

Small note:

TOT in mission #10 should be at 18:25, somewhere in the mission briefing I read something about 09:00, which I consider failure in copy-paste ;)

I wished there were some re-locations or some surprise elements in the campaign, but I guess this is how it works in real (no surprises) :P

GREAT CAMPAIGN, which is worth buying it.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

I just started this campaign (bought it recently), should I also try this replacement? I'm asking because I noticed the flight leads flies very low. Also he does not mention when to steer towards the redfor radars. The mission briefing mentions these radars and that we should try to pin-point them using our U22/A. However during the tour my flight lead never comes back to this.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...