Changing a jet (SU-25t) from red to blue

davebert

I have a mission I am working/learning on and have added a couple of SU-25t's to take out the Sams but they don't attack the targets. So I was following them to watch and they just fly by and turn around and follow their waypoints back to the base and land. Then I though maybe because they are red and I am on the blue team, that maybe they won't attack the red targets so I flew in front of them, and they shot me down. :lol: So my question is, how can I change the Russian SU-25t jets to a blue team jet without starting to make the mission from scratch?

Thanks

Edited by davebert
typo

Georgia also has access to the Su-25T and are a blue coalition country by default unless you've changed them. Just select them from the "Country" drop-down.

That is even easier. Thanks for the info. If I did change the coalitions I likely did not move Georgia. I may have added a few more bad guys to the red side though. :)

Thanks

Yep; the coalition change mod is fantastic when you paint yourself into a corner and realize "oh sh@#* I want blue to be able to fly a Su-27 and all countries with the jet are red" and is indeed a great tool to have on hand. In this case though if you were to switch Russia then I'm betting a bunch of your baddies would turn blue also which is not the desired effect.

Yep; the coalition change mod is fantastic when you paint yourself into a corner and realize "oh sh@#* I want blue to be able to fly a Su-27 and all countries with the jet are red" and is indeed a great tool to have on hand. In this case though if you were to switch Russia then I'm betting a bunch of your baddies would turn blue also which is not the desired effect.

In my case I was able to just select Georgia from the drop down list and it only affected the SU-25T's as the other bad guys were not Russian. But I have the mod for future reference and I am sure I will be needing it in the future. :)

Also, keep Greece in mind - in DCS, they have pretty much everything including the Su-33. I think the only ones outside Russia in the mission editor.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022