Cockpitbase.dll crashes in the Mi-8 and Huey

backspace340

I've been experiencing game crashes flying both the Huey and Mi-8 - both crash logs reference DCS World OpenBeta\bin\CockpitBase.dll ?target_check@AIGunnersManager@gunner_AI@@AEAAXXZ()+F8 as the first entry after the log starts.

I normally play in Multiplayer and managed to get a log small enough to upload with the track in the Huey, so have attached that. There's one from the Mi-8 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x3697kytnquopt/dcs.log-20180623-003548.zip?dl=0

dcs.log-20180623-004726.zip

• ED Team

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce yet.

The tracks from the dynamic server will never replay correctly due to the scripting.

I need to be able to reproduce and report so the dev team can also reproduce, so any potential fix can be tested.

so far it seems to be only on this server.

I will keep trying

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ive also got more than a dozen cockbase.dll crashes in huey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

• ED Team

please attach your dcs.log when it happens, and is this on a server or single player?

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I agree with Slider BIGNEWY! I‘ve seen you once connected to the server, but never playing it. Come spend a few hours with us! I‘d be very surprised if you would not have a good time there.

I don't always use BIGNEWY as a name, I get more peace to fly this way :P

I will take another look at this soon, the problem is I need to be able to recreate it and the scripting makes this difficult. As a tester I have to present the crash to the dev team so they can easily reproduce it. This is the difficult part.

Edit

I have shown this thread to the ED team, it looks like it is related to AI gunners and they are looking into it.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

I've noticed that when it happens it also effects other players flying helicopters at the same time - I think it took out everyone flying a Huey/Mi-8/Gazelle at the same time.
Confirmed . Me and Kia were crashing at the same time in uh1s flying next to each other doing sling loading

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...