DCS and Pimax

Wags

I agree. Besides that he use the vr performance mod. Please ed make this IC or implement this in Dcs maybe as option. In VR we need every frame we can get. :D Sure when vulcan Api is not ready.

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Pimax is also working on implementing ASW. That will help a lot having a smooth experience.

PimaxVR

Several additional improved solutions are to be done.

1. we just found some extra rendered vertical FOV which exceed the real vertical FOV. that waste about ~10% of current total rendering pixels. we will try to reduce the rendered vertical FOV but keep some margin and not impact the real visual FOV. Hope this helps us improve the whole performance 4%~6%.

1. Nivida keeps improving their driver for RTX2080/RTX2080Ti. This might help a bit. 3%-6%?
  2. We're developing ASW. ASW will help a lot for the real VR experience while the FPS drop off.
  3. 72Hz or 65Hz optional mode will do helps, might another ~8-10%?

Planned to be supported by Pimax exclusive SDK in the future.

fix foveated rendering and other new techs from VR works or LiquidVR.

60Hz*2 for BrainWrap in the future, we're trying.

We believe we put more effort into the software fine-tuning and optimization, more chance of performance improvement we can achieve. Since Pimax 8K/5K+ and RTX2080/2080Ti are newly born, they definitely have some margin to be optimized.​

http://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/about-60-70-performance-improved-on-rtx2080ti/9072/94?u=r.m
Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Someone knows, why he sais that there is no difference in fps between the 5K and 8K?

When you use the same settings in the Pimax software for both headsets, you will have the same fps, because you get the same input signal for both headsets. Just that the 8k is upscaling that signal to a higher resolution, thus making the picture less sharp.

>Same settings=same frames, but 5k+ has sharper picture, so you need higher settings for the 8K to get the same picture quality.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Pimax is also working on implementing ASW. That will help a lot having a smooth experience.

http://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/about-60-70-performance-improved-on-rtx2080ti/9072/94?u=r.m

Ive forgotten how it was on the rift but i remember 45 fps asw = ghosting might have changed so do correct me.

Then i tried VMR motion reproject motionvector stuff that feels like 90 fps, i cant tell the difference. I hope it will be that kind of quality. i just cant go back to anything else now.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Ive forgotten how it was on the rift but i remember 45 fps asw = ghosting might have changed so do correct me.

Then i tried VMR motion reproject motionvector stuff that feels like 90 fps, i cant tell the difference. I hope it will be that kind of quality. i just cant go back to anything else now.

You are right, yes. The ASW has admittedly some disadvantages, but I still prefer it over the stuttering without ASW enabled.

Maybe Pimax finds some better type of reprojection. But still good news for me that they are working on solutions for better performance.

so you are saying that wmr motion reproject is better then oculus or steam asw?

just to understand because i just ordered a lenovo explorer and i am trying to get every information i can on how to configure my machine before it ships

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Anyone have any idea what the price for the 5k+ will be when it hits the market next year?

I'll go with $500-$700 range. My KS was $800 for the 8K, and I'm being offered a $100 credit if I choose the 5K+. Or it could be cheaper if you already have Vive's sensors. I only have Rift sensors, so I opted to order the KS with two lighthouse sensors.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

so you are saying that wmr motion reproject is better then oculus or steam asw?

just to understand because i just ordered a lenovo explorer and i am trying to get every information i can on how to configure my machine before it ships

I would say so yes. Moving my head quickly from side to side on 45 fps with wmr solution on is one solid image. With the other options every second frame would look like a ghosting frame. Smooth but you will see it clearly.

Edit

I had to do a test with it on in DCS as ive been flying mainly helicopters. If i move my head really quickly from side to side in the cockpit you will notice some frame ghosting. Little slower and its more distortion on certain lines. In the spitfire i would see it on the glass but not in tbe things right in front of me. If you're not throwing your head around like a maniac you probably wont see it.

Earlier ive been flying the Huey with everything set to high and i havent noticed it a single time before i actually did this test now. Never noticed anything flying the F18 either. Tried the Huey again now and nope, just noticed some slight distortion throwing my head around like crazy

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Thx guys.

Sebastion's comment here might give you an idea, but prices aren't set yet.

start at 23:44 minute mark if you don't want to watch it all.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

I'm backer 317. Looks like they have sent "Which headset do you want" emails through back 305 yesterday, so hoping I get my email before weeks end. Figure another two weeks with their slow shipping so maybe I'll have my 8k by months end!

I'm backer 317. Looks like they have sent "Which headset do you want" emails through back 305 yesterday, so hoping I get my email before weeks end. Figure another two weeks with their slow shipping so maybe I'll have my 8k by months end!

Awesome. I'm in the early 3,000. But I can wait. I'm going to go for the 5K+ model.

Please let use know your feedback when you get it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

$699 preorder price for the 5k+, not sure if that includes base stations! (source is MRTV) and still no word on their full brainwarp implementation. I’ll pass until they sort their reprojection software out. So far the Samsung Odyssey+ looks, on paper, like a much better option.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

This should be the price without base stations and contollers, just the headset according to this source:

f72675909056a7ce98287849cd2af30aa10d0f8b_1_281x500.png

http://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/pimax-5k-699-preorders-start-tomorrow/9515

"$100 cheaper than Vive Pro". I think the Vive Pro costs about 800$ - headset only.

I think it`s a reasonable price, as the Pimax should be the better headset overall.

So for pre-orders its looking like 699 for the 5K+ and $868 for the 5k+ bundle with the hand motion sensor ,similar to the leap motion tracker.

Without some kind of re-projection or time warp or optimizations though I think this is a non-starter for DCS. Hope I'm wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22