Ability to mute AI RIO in back

SnappShot

While I wouldn't recommend turning his voice off, more customisation is always better.

Though I have to ask, why ask such a specific question on something you'll 100% know the answer to if you check the options yourself when you get the f-14?

There are so many little questions being asked each in their own thread, if we really expected an official answer for each of them the devs would get exactly 0 done each day..

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Why would you want to do that? Communication is one, maybe the most important function of a RIO. That's like, I put a Lantirn POD on my plane, but for sanity sake, turn off all video feeds.

You make my point for me, silence is golden, not a bunch of "watch the deck." Sorry jester your eyes sucked so you couldnt be a pilot, so be quiet before i eject......

There is a way to silence Jester during a flight, it is part of the regular Jester menu.

-Nick

Ok, you have shut up the RIO and are ignoring him, you are flying the canyon run to the loud sounds of Highway to the Danger Zone, at what point does Jester select rear seat only and punch out?

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

If you don't like your RIO (Jester or human using SRS) devil.gif, you can always use the volume knob on the intercom panel. Or in contrary, if hearing your RIO is the top priority, you can use the "RADIO OVERRIDE" function to attenuate all other noncritical radios.

However, I advise keeping a good relationship with your RIO at all times as he can save your life in many critical situations.

Edited by Super Grover

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 month later...

So you choose to fly an aircraft that needs the RIO but choose not to listen to what it has to say? Would not it be better to fly an F-18 or F-15 than an aircraft of a pilot?

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

I’ve waited most of my life 1. Waiting for a Tomcat and 2. Having a feature like this. So I won’t be turning him off.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Debatable, wouldnt a single seat tomcat variant have been awesome? Yes fantastic. ;-)

Would have been quite the task to operate that AWG9 and fight. Not to mention fitting all those buttons or switched in one pit!

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I suppose the main reason why people ask for the option to mute RIO will be acrobatic flying in which case you do not want to listen to him ... like at all.

That is possibly the only reason I can understand in this case.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I suppose the main reason why people ask for the option to mute RIO will be acrobatic flying in which case you do not want to listen to him ... like at all.

That is possibly the only reason I can understand in this case.

Okay, now this makes sense.

However, now I want VIP AI RIO, because I want the fun of the guy in the back sliding up in his harness, grabbing the nearest thing to stop himself, and ejecting from the aircraft.