A-10C free trial asking for serial number?

N22YF

I'm trying to fly the A-10C for its free trial. When launching DCS, the module manager notified me that I could install the A-10C now, but after installation, it asks me for a serial number. When I exit out of the serial number dialog box and try to start a mission with it anyway, I'm not able to fly the aircraft (presumably because I didn't give it a serial number). What do I need to do to be able to take advantage of this free trial? I'm running the standalone stable release of DCS.

Thanks!

Why so, even though the actual product is not beta-only? What crime did stable users commit to be kept out of this? JF-17 I could understand since the whole thing, even when paid, is beta exclusive. This one even installed on my stable copy, the missions also start, just I'm unable to control a warthog because of the activation thing.

Does ED just want people to use beta more and as an incetive give free trials on beta only? Then why keep the stable version and call beta a "beta"?

"Please note that this module is currently only available in DCS World Open Beta."

Maybe this has something to do with it?

Ah. When I was trying this earlier, that was not written anywhere. Thanks. (Would have been thoughtful of them to release this information at the same time the free trial began. But I guess it's free anyway, so I can't really complain.)

Does ED just want people to use beta more and as an incetive give free trials on beta only?

Well the other free trials (except the JF-17, which, as you said, is understandable) were available on the stable release. :dunno:

Edited by N22YF

• ED Team

Hi we are working on the A-10C key issue on steam, switching to open beta may help as it should be keyless in 2.5.6

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi we are working on the A-10C key issue on steam, switching to open beta may help as it should be keyless in 2.5.6

thanks

I rolled back to 2.5.5 Beta a couple of weeks ago and the A-10 is asking for a key...? (Non-Steam)

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

thanks

Still looks keyed to me in 2.5.6. Shows serial number in Module Manager. Same with the other usual suspects, i.e. BS2 and FC3.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

thanks

I tried switching to openbeta in DCS. Did not fix the problem. DCS won't start.

I get the message "Failed to request product key from Steam, please try again in a few minutes."

Problem started I bought F/A-18 and A-10C on sale today.

Any solution to unbricking DCS?

????

This is the first time they have been doing something like this on such a scale, probably running into problems with the old protection system (key-based system called Starforce) and now the newer DRM in combination with Steam. Cut them some slack, report your problems with as much detail as possible and they will fix it, I am sure of that :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• ED Team

Hi all

If you are steam please remove the free trial A-10C using this guide

Click on your username on the top right corner of the Steam window

Choose "Account details"

Click on the "View licenses and product key activation's" link on the right

Next to "A-10C Free Weekend", click "remove"

If you are not using steam and using stand alone use the module manager to remove the A-10c

If you made a purchase and are having issues please contact support directly they will assist you

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Apologies for the problems, we had overwhelming demand and all keys were used.

Currently 2.5.5 still uses the old starforce keys, 2.5.6 is keyless.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2