1. 1. Next DCS (European) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Alpha Jet
    • Eurofighter Typhoon
    • Harrier
    • Dassault Rafale
    • English Electric Lightning
    • Tornado
    • F 104 Starfighter
    • The Saab Family - Draken. Gripen, Lansen, Viggen... (Post specific)
    • The Mirage Family - M4000, F-1, III, IV... (Post Specific)
    • Other - write below

I'd like to fly the jaguar but heard it's very unforgiving and the avionics are a nightmare! Still, I love the rugged landing gear and the way the RAF flew it 100ft off the deck.

Oh I dunno...

Getting acquainted with this might be fun:

800px-Cockpit_of_Jaguar_GR.3A.jpg

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightning: it is my first choice, any model but the F53 single seat or F55 two seat as first choice due to them having ground attack capability.

Vulcan: it is about time we had a heavy in DCS :)

Westland Whirlwind: Early ww2 twin engine single seat ground attack / fighter

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

My choice would be:

SAAB JA37 VIGGEN

SAAB JAS 39 Gripen (still to classified to be possible me think)

Harrier AV8B

The reason for the JA37 is that our air force has played cat & mouse

with the old Soviet air force the entire cold war over the Baltic :pilotfly:

This calls for a northern Europe map in EDGE as well :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Totally the Panavia Tornado for me. Unsure which variant I like the most, but easily the first aircraft I try to unlock in arcade sims if it is an option.

Semper Fidelis -- U.S. Marine Corps Motto "Always Faithful"

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” - Sun Tzu

Tornado GR1 /1a!!! Please! Or the aircraft it replaced and was inferior to in many ways (All Up Weight, Combat Range, Reliability, Speed at low level with War Load, Ride Height Stability etc) the Hawker Siddley Buccaneer S2.B.....

No one mentioned the most iconic European fighter of all time?? :doh: incredible...

Sold to more than 20 countries all over the world!

In few hours during the six days war in 1967, the Israelians Mirage III destroyed all the Syrians and Egyptians Migs 21 in fight...

This I WOULD LOVE, my favourit old "modern" jet!! ---> MIRAGE III (C or E version please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFocrQIUMps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No one mentioned the most iconic European fighter of all time?? :doh: incredible...

Sold to more than 20 countries all over the world!

In few hours during the six days war in 1967, the Israelians Mirage III destroyed all the Syrians and Egyptians Migs 21 in fight...

This I WOULD LOVE, my favourit old "modern" jet!! ---> MIRAGE III (C or E version please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFocrQIUMps

Im with you FiFi ... :)

A340sml.jpg

Edited by IvanK

Problem with Dassault aircraft is that they are extremely protective with their brand. There have been several attempts to produce paywares and sometimes freeware add ons for fsx, and the authors have systematically been called by dassault lawyers to remove their product. AFAIK they are the only manufacturers in the world to refuse to have a fan base freely promoting their products.

Problem with Dassault aircraft is that they are extremely protective with their brand. There have been several attempts to produce paywares and sometimes freeware add ons for fsx, and the authors have systematically been called by dassault lawyers to remove their product. AFAIK they are the only manufacturers in the world to refuse to have a fan base freely promoting their products.

Really? Didn't know that!...that's a shame.

I saw Razbam 3rd party had a Mirage 2000 on their work table for some time, but can't find any further information on it.

Even though i would much prefer the old Mirage III, a Mirage 2000 could be fun too! :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As have Northrop Grumman

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Fiat G-91 yet.

Ok, it is a ground attack aircraft again, and only three countries actually used it IIRC, but it is such a beautiful one, I like it very much.

EDIT: @lawsuit topic: Textron (Cessna, Bell helicopters and others) had a lawsuit against EA for Battlefield § I think, because EA had their stuff in it without asking.

Edited by Aginor

Really? Didn't know that!...that's a shame.

I saw Razbam 3rd party had a Mirage 2000 on their work table for some time, but can't find any further information on it.

Even though i would much prefer the old Mirage III, a Mirage 2000 could be fun too! :music_whistling:

Razbam DOES have a M2k in the works still, but their other products (The T-2, and T-6-IIB) are taking priority ATM. The M2k is still scheduled as their third release AFAIK.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Having seen the scenery from MS Flight Sim X, why can DCS not collaborate with the ORBX team to bring us 'actual' real-live scenery from around the globe to introduce us 'would be military pilots' the flying arena we truly desire??

In addition to the scenery, aircraft we should be seeing in the future of DCS with FULL interactive cockpits (as per A-10C, which is amazing (by the way)) - the F-14 (now, no longer in service), the A-4 Skyhawk, the SEPECAT Jaguar, the Harrier GR9 and the F-18 (which I firmly believe is the most 'wanted' of aircraft (TO DATE) for the DCS environment.

HOWEVER, not forgetting the Russian aircraft (obviously) - FULL interactive cockpits for the SU-27 Flanker (switches, avionics, etc) - is the one I, personally, would like to see and, of course, the Mil Mi-24 Hind (the most beautiful / amazing attack helicopter).

Can DCS advise as to their thoughts on the above ideas please?

Bristol Blenheim please for DCSW WW2. Lots of affection for that aircraft since I read a copy of Commando many years ago.

Anyways we could make a mission whereby I could drop off one of Douglas Bader's lost prosthetic legs he lost from when he get shot down. Love that old b&w film Reach for the Sky too.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

If the flight model can be done properly, Harrier all the way... I don't care which, I'd even take the GR3

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]