Strange Graphics issue.

Iceviper

My cousin has just installed a new 1080Ti. He's having terrible problems with the F18 and maps in DCS since and wondering if anyone has any insights. His card was overheating on the first install so he's created a better fan curve and now getting steady temps in the 50's but now he has these problems and the game has been crashing. I've attached two images, one showing black lines coming out of the mirrors and the other shows colored squares down the edges of runways and he has missing squares across the map. (Caucuses). He's uninstalled his drivers using DDU and reinstalled them. Anybody got any ideas

Digital_Combat_Simulator_Black_Shark_Screenshot_2020_03.27_-_22_36_56_81.png.743c24a6aa358bc7b7e87c69dcf52665.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_Black_Shark_Screenshot_2020_03.27_-_22_39_42_78.png.955f33041dbe9110952b6dfe8cd62322.png

Looks weird. Is he running an overclock? If so, try running at default settings. What card model? Some AIB cards can occasionally be overclocked too highly from the factory or the card might be defective. Is this a brand new card?

Also, the card shouldn't be overheating in the first place with the default fan curve, but rather meet a temperature target (default 84C) and adjust clocks/power for that, via GPU Boost. Can the card breathe properly in the case?

What about other games? How does it work there? Try running some benchmarks, such as Heaven and Valley and check for instabilities.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Thanks for the advice mate I'll pass it all on. I think the card is a refurbished one. He altered the fan curves as the game was craving as soon as the card hit 75 degrees or so. Not sure what model card it is but will pass on what you've said and go from there. Thanks

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

What's the GPU utilization when this occurs? 100% or less? I still recommend that he runs some tests, at least see if it's DCS or the card itself. Good luck, hope it's not the card (if it is, you can return it, right?)

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

i had similar issues with a 1070 so i purchased a 1080 thinking it was card. i had no issues with other games at max settings. when the drivers were installing i saw a message fly by stating something about a nvidia DLL that was old. my suggestion is uninstall the drivers. then try a clean install after getting rid of anything related to old drivers. also on a whim when i was troubleshooting, some post mentioned that Gforce experience caused issues so i now never install that part. but in my case i guess installing the new card got rid of all my problems. by the way gave the 1070 to someone and it has had no issues.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Really appreciate the replies. Thanks for taking the time. He's loaded the game onto a different drive and the issues seem to be gone so at the minute it looks like it's the SSD failing. Yesterday it dismounted itself from the computer them came back on reboot so for now looks like that problem needs to be fixed first. Again thanks for taking the time to reply with suggestions

New GPU issues

Often times a new GPU requires a reboot after installation. A GPU reboot is when you unplug the GPU card from the PCI slot, re-install (plug in firmly), and reinstall the drivers. I had a similar issue with my GTX1080ti. After this, it ran a little hot until it "burned in" and now everything is perfect.

• 1 month later...
Often times a new GPU requires a reboot after installation. A GPU reboot is when you unplug the GPU card from the PCI slot, re-install (plug in firmly), and reinstall the drivers. I had a similar issue with my GTX1080ti. After this, it ran a little hot until it "burned in" and now everything is perfect.
Thanks for your reply. He's had no issues with it since he installed a new SSD so all good now thanks.