[NOT A BUG] F16 gun tracers missing in VR

Hotdognz

Will we ever get armor piercing rounds with tracers?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Will we ever get armor piercing rounds with tracers?

i am not completely positive with this. i believe by virtue of the composition of the AP round there is no room for the tracer element. another choice would be to load ammo 1 per 5. one tracer round and then four without. gun is firing so fast one would not know the difference.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article5.html

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Just to put it out there:

The current ammunition available for the DCS F-16C, going off of the 2.5.5 stable are:

• HEI-T (M242?)
  • HEI (M56A3?)
  • AP (M53? though that's API)
  • TP-T (M220?)
  • SAPHEI PGU (PGU 28A/B?)
  • TP PGU (PGU-27A/B?)

The only ones that are traced is the HEI-T round, which I think is an M242, which I think should have an orange/red tracer (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) and the M220(?) TP-T round.

And second to what silverdevil said, I think the only way we're getting AP with tracers is to used a mix. Hmm, I wonder if we could get user defined ammunition mixes...

On another note, can ED rename ammunition to include the actual name of the round used?

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.