Operation Jupiter - Normandy WWII PvE Playground

• 2 weeks later...

v109 is up

Changelog v109:

Operation Secret Squirrel and Jupiter

1. Radio option for blue coalition to smoke the current objective has been added, to avoid the potential for smoke spamming on skip mission etc, the smoke is on a 5 minute cooldown

2. Persistency script changed to not explode statics, just cleanly remove them

3. Blue coalition default skins made more consistent (full invasion stripes)

4. B-17 missions now also spawn a flight of Axis planes that will be vectored to intercept them roughly West of Le Havre on their flight paths.

4. Various script fixes and improvements

5. Carpiquet airfield and all North-Western French airfields set to blue coalition to hopefully stop red coalition planes attempting to land at Carpiquet airfield etc when damaged

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Surrexen,

Can You consider adding missions to support tank vs tank engament, with enemy tank convoy that try to capture/defend certain positions? Even a small number of veichles (if performance are a concern) could add great immersion to this already wonderful WWII war environment.

Also a train intercept or some sort of beach landing cover/defend will be wonderful.

Thx.

Hi Surrexen,

Can You consider adding missions to support tank vs tank engament, with enemy tank convoy that try to capture/defend certain positions? Even a small number of veichles (if performance are a concern) could add great immersion to this already wonderful WWII war environment.

Also a train intercept or some sort of beach landing cover/defend will be wonderful.

Thx.

I am sort of waiting on some of the new assets to come out before I do anything further right now. Things like the U-Boat, the P-47, Ju-88 etc etc. Once some of the new assets are out I'll be more than likely re-working this mission. Ideally I will re-work it so both sides have missions and both sides have bombers to intercept etc but we'll have to see how it goes.

Also waiting on the fancy new damage model to release.

• 2 weeks later...

v110 is up

IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended to start new progress files for this update, therefore remove your JupiterUnitInterment.lua and JupiterStaticInterment.lua files from your DCS World installation folder before starting the mission.

Changelog v110

1. A 2.5.6 compatible Moose version has been added

2. Parking slots corrected after 2.5.6 update

3. Target report clearview added to the text output

4. Flak site added to Falaise

Hey Surrexen, thanks for the updates!

Quick question about the lua files you recommended removing:

IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended to start new progress files for this update, therefore remove your JupiterUnitInterment.lua and JupiterStaticInterment.lua files from your DCS World installation folder before starting the mission.

I don't seem to see those files being created ever in my dcs world folder, even when the mission has been running for a while.

Is it possible I am missing something? Do I need to run the dedicated server process as administrator? Or is there a more specific path I should be looking for them in? I am curious because it seems the persistence was never working for me in the past but I never did try to figure out why.

Thanks again!

Edit: Just for reference, I always set the MissionScripting.lua changes as suggested on the download page. So that is correct. I also always double check after editing that file and starting the DCS dedicated server that the changes stuck, and restart the server process if they didn't.

Edited by QuantumMonk

I don't have a dedicated server to muck with but I would imagine you would need to run it as admin to get it to write files. I will check with some server admins I know that have got the persistency running for Snowfox etc and get back to you.

On the whole, it isn't as important for Jupiter as there are not as many missions to complete at this stage. I am waiting for more WW2 assets to be released before giving this mission a fairly big overhaul.

Edited by Surrexen

Awesome, thanks for the reply, I'll give running the process as admin a go and see what happens : )

Turns out you don't need to run the server instance as an admin. Make sure you fire up the server or DCS etc after you have made the change to MissionScripting.lua as it cannot be changed on the fly. Beyond that it'll be some kind of permissions issue, you might need to see what your log file is complaining about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Are the A-20G's supposed to actually bomb things? They do nothing except fly out and return when I call for a pinpoint strike. Curious if this mission is in stalemate mode while Normandy is being optimized?

They will attempt to bomb the current mission target only. That said, I have not had a chance to look at Jupiter for a while as I've been busy with other stuff. I will take a look at it when I get a chance and check it.

They will attempt to bomb the current mission target only. That said, I have not had a chance to look at Jupiter for a while as I've been busy with other stuff. I will take a look at it when I get a chance and check it.

Ok, that's what I thought they should do... like any of the other pinpoint strikes in all of your other awesome, kick ass missions, :) Unfortunately, the A-20G's don't do anything... Not that I can see anyway. They respond to being called from the menu, but I think something is broken in moose or the script for them to find the target because they don't even report that they have found or cannot find the target. They simply just fly out to the center of the map, whip a 180 and return to base to land.

Now, I totally get that we're waiting on Normandy to be polished up a bit and optimized so it ain't no big deal. Totally content to wait for optimization as the flashes and jiggery I get on Normandy now is close to intolerable, lol! I just wanted to point out the A-20G's in case no one else had. Cheers and thanks for the awesome missions man!

This mission is fantastic, I have only one suggestion...pheraps the flak over Carentan is a bit too much and also accurate, is really difficult made a pass without catching damage even applying normal flak countermeasure moves.

I have a funny feeling that flak accuracy increased somehow in the last update that came with the WW2 damage model (I noticed flak was more accurate than usual whilst testing some things in Operation Crystal Sea today). I have no solid evidence to back this up, but it sure seems that way. I will look into it properly when I can, die with dignity in the meantime.

• Like 1

This mission is fantastic, I have only one suggestion...pheraps the flak over Carentan is a bit too much and also accurate, is really difficult made a pass without catching damage even applying normal flak countermeasure moves.

I have a funny feeling that flak accuracy increased somehow in the last update that came with the WW2 damage model (I noticed flak was more accurate than usual whilst testing some things in Operation Crystal Sea today). I have no solid evidence to back this up, but it sure seems that way. I will look into it properly when I can, die with dignity in the meantime.

I think the accuracy didn't change, but now we get damaged properly by flak.