IS 16GB RAM enough?

I am wondering because I finally got my system running well in SP instant action and training in VR with medium to high settings and SS at 120%. Normally do not have any dips below 45fps. I tried my first mission on Caucasus with a 2 v 2 and as soon as the SU's came into view my FPS started to tank. Also had issues on Nevada map once I got close to the parking area with all the planes parked up. Looking at the planes parked FPS was below 30 and looking Vegas it would go up to 50+. I noticed ram was well over 13.5gb most of the time. I have DCS set to high priority and not running anything other than steam VR WMR, and Voice attack along with Hardware monitor and EVGA precision X. I even set Windows defender to run at low priority at all times.

I love the SIM and it has been great flying around since my FPS has improved in instant and training missions. The SIM is way too addicting. My girlfriend feels abandoned now.:music_whistling:

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Yes, it is enough to answer your question. It would not hurt to go 32GB ith that nice CPU though.

16 is minimal recommended for DCS, a mission with multiple units will need more to run smoothly, however, don't expect a huge FPS gain in VR - as VR performance is another subject in DCS.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

IMO no. I’m typically using more than 16GB

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

32GB and no less if you ask me.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Order 2x16gb of Gskill Royal today(Need to stick with the RGB Bling). I didnt want to try my luck buying to more 8gb sticks since I have had issues with them not working when buying pairs instead of quad kits.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

With enough pagefile and an SSD, you can even have 12GBs of RAM and it will run perfectly fine....

I run 16 and have no issues with stuttering or freezing. Even on the biggest MP servers...

Obviously 32 is the better option.... but to answer your question.... 16 is MORE than enough !

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

With enough pagefile and an SSD, you can even have 12GBs of RAM and it will run perfectly fine....

I run 16 and have no issues with stuttering or freezing. Even on the biggest MP servers...

Obviously 32 is the better option.... but to answer your question.... 16 is MORE than enough !

Too LATE! I already blew my money on new RAM. Was this an excuse to buy more RAM? Maybe. Will the RAM be awesome? Most likely.:thumbup:

Tell her girls can be pilots too. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=4642489

She is from the 50's and doesn't believe women should do man things.:smilewink: