Community A-4E-C - Page 56 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #551
Pr0metheus

The module is fantastic! It's a lot of fun and after some pause to the DCS it got me hooked again. I have trouble with figuring out the depression table values. Can someone confirm that the depression tables and actual sight is usable or I have to figure everything out in my own practice runs? I'm asking this because level bombing that I've tried didn't produce good results based on depression tables. On the other hand, when I did my own practice and took notes, I've managed to score hits easily but that is very tiresome to do for all the weapons and all profiles.

Nevethless, thanks for this amazing free module!!!
Pr0metheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:35 PM   #552
jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0metheus View Post
The module is fantastic! It's a lot of fun and after some pause to the DCS it got me hooked again. I have trouble with figuring out the depression table values. Can someone confirm that the depression tables and actual sight is usable or I have to figure everything out in my own practice runs? I'm asking this because level bombing that I've tried didn't produce good results based on depression tables. On the other hand, when I did my own practice and took notes, I've managed to score hits easily but that is very tiresome to do for all the weapons and all profiles.

Nevethless, thanks for this amazing free module!!!
Great question. I suck at level bombing. Would be cool to have some depression settings.
jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:08 AM   #553
Pr0metheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs View Post
Great question. I suck at level bombing. Would be cool to have some depression settings.
This is my quick and short notes on MK82 SnakeEyes practical employment.

MILS = Sight depression angle

Try it out (keep an eye on radar altimiter)
Old 06-19-2020, 01:17 AM   #554
jacobs

Thanks man! Does it work for mk20's also?
Old 06-19-2020, 02:23 AM   #555
Pr0metheus

Quote:
Thanks man! Does it work for mk20's also?
Diferrent weapon, diferrent values, so no... Snake Eyes are high drag weapons. You must test everthing by yourself on the bombing range and write down the values unfortunately. The table in my previous post is something that I've made to try to find similar values in the tables that I came across the internet but nothing really fits terefore I asked if the sight depression is being calibrated in the module at all as values in the DCS doesn't correspond to anyhing that I found by now.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #556
jacobs

Quote:
Diferrent weapon, diferrent values, so no... Snake Eyes are high drag weapons. You must test everthing by yourself on the bombing range and write down the values unfortunately. The table in my previous post is something that I've made to try to find similar values in the tables that I came across the internet but nothing really fits terefore I asked if the sight depression is being calibrated in the module at all as values in the DCS doesn't correspond to anyhing that I found by now.
Ok, thanks anyway.

There's a A-4E-C guide that has bombing tables for mk-82 (both low and high drag) based on the F-5 manual.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNs...ew?usp=sharing
Old 06-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #557
Weegie

Anybody know where the Kneeboard is meant to be?

I can't find it, there was a statement about it being present in the Knneeboard builder too, but dammed if I can see it
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:01 PM   #558
Pr0metheus

Quote:
Ok, thanks anyway.

There's a A-4E-C guide that has bombing tables for mk-82 (both low and high drag) based on the F-5 manual.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNs...ew?usp=sharing
I just haven't found any usability or parallels with these tables and A-4E-C module.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:18 AM   #559
ruprecht

Quote:
I just haven't found any usability or parallels with these tables and A-4E-C module.
My mate and I have found pretty different mils settings for the same attack profiles even if we swear blind we're flying the exact profile pretty closely.

e.g. I use 40mils for 45* / 400kt / 4000' rel / MK82 slicks. He uses over 100, and we're both pretty accurate.

So yeah, fly a test range and work out your own numbers.

One hot tip though - use 75mils depression as a landing setting for the Stennis. Gives you a nice reference for the upwind, downwind and groove pitch to fly accurately. YMMV.

Streaming DCS sometimes: https://www.twitch.tv/radsymusic
ruprecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:38 AM   #560
toan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruprecht View Post
My mate and I have found pretty different mils settings for the same attack profiles even if we swear blind we're flying the exact profile pretty closely.

e.g. I use 40mils for 45* / 400kt / 4000' rel / MK82 slicks. He uses over 100, and we're both pretty accurate.

So yeah, fly a test range and work out your own numbers.

One hot tip though - use 75mils depression as a landing setting for the Stennis. Gives you a nice reference for the upwind, downwind and groove pitch to fly accurately. YMMV.

Hi All,
Being a newbe to DCS, I'm wondering if anyone is using a Warthog HOTAS profile for this great A-4 ?
Looking for that.
Thanks,
Toan
toan is offline   Reply With Quote