RAZBAM simulations developing for DCS

Nate--IRL--

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the aircraft I really want ;)

Please tell me they start with a Cy-........:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I'm kind of lost but welcome! What aircraft is this group starting with? Have they announced it yet? I saw the bit about the Harrier great news, but are they planning on starting with a Harrier?

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AT-802U? :D

Sounds about right... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Sounds about right... :D

Oh how we all yearn for a simple crop duster's life around these parts.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh how we all yearn for a simple crop duster's life around these parts.

With guns and rockets......:pilotfly:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

With guns and rockets......:pilotfly:

I believe thats called COIN. ;)

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

230px-Area88Shin.jpg Need Shin to go ahead and test the skyhawk for you all :P

Soo The Harrier,i guess next up would be a British warship for carrier ops then? :D...Now you know the next plane they've been begging for also is the Tornado ;).

Could we just forget about FC3?? lol

Wags may as well go ahead and give these guys their own forum?? why wait??? I mean picking up three 3rd party Devs within a week...its truly amazing :)

Edited by RoaringBones

Need Shin to go ahead and test the skyhawk for you all :P

U.N. Squadron had some of the best SNES music. Now I gotta go find my SNES and replay that game. :music_whistling:

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

What are you saying yes to? The Thunderchief or the Viggen? :D

Air Land Sea doctrine here we come! Woohoo!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Ive never really liked the RAZBAM aircraft for FSX, but Ill give them the benefit of the doubt.

Just remember FSX does not equal DCS. The way I see it is thusly ... FSX and DCS are the raw canvas upon which addon developers can work their particular forms of artistry.

The better the quality of the canvas, the better the quality of the overall art (aircraft and other things/objects).

So ... your experience with Razbam products in FSX will not necessarily hold true or relate to Razbam in DCS:World :).

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

So how does this work? Does the 3 rd party developer have to create everything associated with their model or can they weave existing DCS data into things...

I.E. if a developer makes an aircraft that can carry a MK 82, do the have to develope the aircraft and MK82 or just the aircraft because the MK82 already exists?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Just remember FSX does not equal DCS. The way I see it is thusly ... FSX and DCS are the raw canvas upon which addon developers can work their particular forms of artistry.

The better the quality of the canvas, the better the quality of the overall art (aircraft and other things/objects).

So ... your experience with Razbam products in FSX will not necessarily hold true or relate to Razbam in DCS:World :).

Hi bud,

My 2cents,

Well DCS is a Combat Sim primarily so then the DEVS should design the sim similar or better than Falcon 4.0 concept a study sim in which will always be la crème de la crème in combat sims its history alone has more weight than any other sim read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_4.0

smartass.gifjoystick.gifsmartass.gif

Its design roots is imbedded with real life Air Force input read these links:

http://www.combatsim.com/archive/htm...1/bonanni1.htm

http://vko.va.ngb.army.mil/VirginiaG...onannibio.html

It has a following of over 4000 members it would be wise for DCS to learn from the F4 concepts as we are talking about a "Combat Sim" and the old faithful F4 still has much to say in 2012 and future of combat sims.

http://www.simhq.com/_air14/air_507a.html

Peoples opinions of F4 is just that your opinions this is not a rant or swipe or attack on you or anyone or thing just saying and stating the facts my friend F4 is here for the long haul thumbup.gif

So my view is DCS should either design around the F4 concept with its own flavor or a similar concept or simply not call it DCS a "Combat Sim" any more, just "Air Force Simulations". That would be sad I know!:cry:

But either way if its going to be a combat sim then make it so no half measures and in-betweens, just one serious contender in the sim market.

To many sims like (FSX initial release) already with poor FM, poor avionics, poor cockpits etc etc

Since we are in 2012 time to up the anty many combat simmers want this......also adding a lot of fun add-on's with it for others to enjoy the sim as they see fit.

I hope and wish the best for DCS and that it becomes a serious contender in the combat sim market and a happy place for us all.........future does look bright thou :D;)

Cheers

Edited by WRAITH
  • Like 1

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I've got a different impression from Beczl - he has to do a lot of the "fighter" features from scratch because they simply do not exist yet in DCS.

So, I don't think it's necessarily that different from FSX (at least, for now). In FSX, you have a lot of shallow add-ons and you have several rather in-depth add-ons (depending on the amount of effort the developers decided to invest, attention to detail, etc.). I guess they can follow the same approach here (hopefully not).

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!