Main Radar Inverter in F-86F - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Chief1942

Default Main Radar Inverter in F-86F

Okay, here's the deal. I started getting this problem out of the blue. Whenever I would start a mission, shortly after the sim opens into the cockpit, the sighting reticle on the HUD disappears and the "Radar Inv" Light on the front panel illuminates. When I put my mouse pointer on the light, the tool tips indicate that the Radar Inverter is OFF. Pretty obvious what with the reticle being gone and all, so how does one turn the Radar Inverter ON? Read the Quick Start Manual, scoured the cockpit for some sort of switch or indicator and no joy. Any idea how this happened and what the solution is?
Chief1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
Scrim+
Posting Rights Revoked

I think it's turned on by the armament switch. The only times it's turned off for me in flight has been due to battle damage.
Scrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #3
Zee Pet

Never mind

Last edited by Zee Pet; 07-31-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Nvm
Zee Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
Buzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrim View Post
I think it's turned on by the armament switch. The only times it's turned off for me in flight has been due to battle damage.
Or, in relation the inverter light: if you drop below ~40% throttle and stop generating power #
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
Scrim+
Posting Rights Revoked

Yep, that too I noticed now you mentioned it. It goes out along with the sight pipper and various other things. So well detailed, I love it.

Though of course it wouldn't explain OP's issue.
Scrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
Chief1942

Took a quick and dirty way to resolve my issue. I simply copied and pasted my F-86F folder from my DCS World Beta and copied it over the one in DCS World (the one I had the issue in). I am still somewhat puzzled at what caused the problem in the first place. I know the reticle can disappear if one uses the Camera Highth adjustment to extremes R-Crtl R-Shift Numpad 2 or 8, but I checked that after the reticle disappeared and it never showed. Guess I will let it be one of those mysteries that are oft the case with Beta releases. Love this F-86F though and my hats off to Belsimtek. Am really looking forward to the final release along with the full manual.
Chief1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
krazybiskit

one turns on the radar inverter by advancing the throttle until engine is ~48%...the inverter is on the engine and at lower engine rpm's the engine isn't going fast enough to get the radar inverter going
krazybiskit is offline   Reply With Quote