Head movement like in the F-14

PhilSkyfire

Watched the nice introductory video for the F-16C - I got the impression, that the pilot's head movement will be similar to most of ED's other aircraft: quite static and only a rotation for yaw is shown for the pilot.

A great example about what is possible, is the F-14B's Iceman and Jester. The fidelity of the head movement is just amazing and adds so much more to multiplayer sessions, when e.g. standing on the carrier beside another aircraft, or even in cockpit when talking to your buddy in front or behind you. Please ED - do something like this!!!

Looking forward to the release of the F-16C :pilotfly:

Edited by Huzzle
  • Like 1

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

+1, and maybe even some hand gestures? "tiger claw, finger guns, salute, balled fist..."

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

The body and head movement in the F-14 really makes it feel like the cockpit has people in it. This adds more to the immersion (for me) than the clickyness of switches or the texture maps on the consoles. Pilot animation should be a priority.

Without the Tomcat we all would be watching the Viper video with open mouths and like... coooooool

Well but as soon as the little head does what heads have been doing before the cat, I started hoping that this is just WIP.

Viper still rocks anyway. But Ice and Jester are almost real.