change the sofwtare center of Y axis with WARBIRD base ?

FZG_Immel

I have what could sound like a stupid question.

in my homemade cockpit the center stick base is at a slight forward angle. Which means when the stick is centered, it is not vertical, but slightly falling forward.

It wasn't an issue with the Warthog original base since the spring and friction could maintain it in the center position when I took my hands of the stick.

But with the WARBRD base, when I let the stick go, it obviously goes forward a bit. even with the stronger spring.

Is there a way to calibrate or set up the stick, so that the center of my Y axis, is in a more forward position on the curve ? Is there a way, by software to tell the WARBRD base that the center is not in between the 2 axis extreme positions, but slight forward ?

Thanks a lot. Curious to hear about your suggestions

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

calibrate the axis in the virpil software

after moving the axis thru full range let the stick move to its natural rest position, click save calibration, then save to device, see if that works

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I don't think it does because it detect the max and min value of each axis, and then determine the center to be in the middle of them.

I do not think it detects the 'resting' value as a center

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I don't know if that can be solve with the Virpil software (I don't have any Virpil yet). But I know you can solve that with Joystick Gremlin.

5PaYYOk.png

By the way, we can do the same thing to properly match our physical throttle AB detent with any aircraft detent without killing the linearity of the response curve.

Edited by Ant0ine

Nice. I did a manual curve in DCS for the AB of the throttle, but for the stick it was not good enough.

I need to try that joystick Gremlin. Know nothing about it