U.F.O.

Xilon_x

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These days they ought to be called U.R.O. Unidentified Rendered Objects.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Wasn't the third one from the TV series UFO?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I know I saw one around Area 51.......

ufo.jpg

I KNEW IT!

ufo2.jpg

Wait a minute......It's Russian! :D

What ARE they up to? :megalol:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Wasn't the third one from the TV series UFO?

I watched that show as a kid...never noticed that the pilots wore polyester leisure suits while flying.

I really dug the women’s purple hair, though. Very British! (Oh, and the one-way mirrors too!)

I'm not sure about this one...

Reading the comments on this one is brain cell killing.

It's so obviously just the contrail of another aircraft it hurts. I fly often and love my window seats and see this al the time.

Generally, the vast majority of UFO sightings can be explained by earthly phenomena misidentification of completely normal objects or fakery.

But there are a few intriguing accounts. Most notably the Belgian UFO wave, which was seen by thousands of people.

The one account that is surely one of the the most interesting to us is the "tic tac", which was spotted and followed by US Navy F/A-18 pilots.

There's even a "The Fighter Pilot Podcast" episode with one of the pilots.

However, all any unexplained aerial phenomena proves so far, is that people see some weird stuff. Any extraterrestrial origin is pure speculation and imagination.

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The fighter pilot podcast talking about this video.

Heres the full episode:

This is actually real and those videos are released by the department of defence.

Titled "FLIR1"(2004 Nimitz incident off the coast of San Diego)

Titled "Gimbal"

Titled "Go Fast"

You make the call. But I believe in aliens, it is arrogant and ignorant in a way to say that aliens dont exist. The chance of we are the only intelligent life in the universe is almost 0. The real question is have they visited earth or all of those "incidents" are simply illusions or fake.

I cant say anything definitive about other "incidents". But the F18 FLIR videos are quite "proving" in a way.

Edited by SchwappingMags

The fighter pilot podcast talking about this video.

Heres the full episode:

This is actually real and those videos are released by the department of defence.

Titled "FLIR1"(2004 Nimitz incident off the coast of San Diego)

Titled "Gimbal"

Titled "Go Fast"

You make the call. But I believe in aliens, it is arrogant and ignorant in a way to say that aliens dont exist. The chance of we are the only intelligent life in the universe is almost 0. The real question is have they visited earth or all of those "incidents" are simply illusions or fake.

I cant say anything definitive about other "incidents". But the F18 FLIR videos are quite "proving" in a way.

This was on the news and the wiki entry is pretty interesting too. I don't believe that aliens have been to earth(or any conspiracy stuff at all) , but I'm also having a hard time explaining what they saw.

They saw something, what it is we don't know. A true UFO but unlikely to be aliens. Anyone have a good explanation?

You'd be surprised when you find out where most UFO aerospace craft come from because for a Sentient Alien race the journey is thousands of years in order to get to Earth. So most sightings are in fact Space Ships from Heaven, as weird as it sounds.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Reading the comments on this one is brain cell killing.

It's so obviously just the contrail of another aircraft it hurts. I fly often and love my window seats and see this al the time.

How come the contrail pivots on itself in a very odd way in the first seconds of the video? I've never seen a contrail do that. Not wanting to prove or disprove anything here, just trying to understand...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It doesn't pivot, the 'camera plane' passes across its wake, changing the projection.

Ok, that could be possibie. A few things are still bugging me though. Why is the contrail black and why does it have that odd shape to it? It looks like it's flattened at the tip and has the other end separated in two distant trails groing thinner and further away from each other.

Also when you see a contrail, you also see an aircraft making it. Here you can't, even though the image is zoomed in on most of the video.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think we'd all be better off spending our time speculating about real stuff like Big Foot, the Loch Ness monster, when DCS World will release an F-117, or when we will see the next module.

I was abducted by aliens once, and not one of them wanted sex, the frigid tossers! They were so embarrassed by earthlings demanding they be probed. All, the aliens wanted was to know the way to Alpha Centauri that they refuse ever again to visit this godforsaken rock populated by hooligans bent on destroying their world.

So clearly we definitely know there are no UFOs anymore, even if there were any in the past. Who'd want to visit a planet run by the psychopaths we call our leaders? We couldn't even manage to get Brexit right!!!

Those fake channels are fooling a lot of internet inexperienced people unfortunately ...

I know I saw one around Area 51.......

ufo.jpg

I KNEW IT!

ufo2.jpg

Wait a minute......It's Russian! :D

What ARE they up to? :megalol:

So there is an UFO mod already ... interesting

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239766&highlight=ufo

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

A few things are still bugging me though. Why is the contrail black and why does it have that odd shape to it? It looks like it's flattened at the tip and has the other end separated in two distant trails groing thinner and further away from each other.

Also when you see a contrail, you also see an aircraft making it. Here you can't, even though the image is zoomed in on most of the video.

Now where are the "I've seen it all" folks at? If it's so obvious stuff then those questions should be answered pretty easily. I'd be happy to know...

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, that could be possibie. A few things are still bugging me though. Why is the contrail black and why does it have that odd shape to it? It looks like it's flattened at the tip and has the other end separated in two distant trails groing thinner and further away from each other.

Maybe better ask the 'seen it all' folks you mentioned there, but I'd assume you can get a 'flat edge' on a contrail by just making it extend all the way to a different temperature or pressure zone. Yes, of course you are right that these things change gradually in the real world, but there is a bit of a cut-off at which the resulting clouds are visible. Just a guess, though.

Also, you may call me crazy, but I believe I can indeed see the airplane dragging it, despite the horrible camera. Don't get fooled by 'I zoomed in all the way', that was filmed with a cell phone camera and even the good ones among them have rather pitiful optics to see anything that's far away. All the digital trickery they do to get decent images eventually can't fool the physics of geometric optics.