Purchase of the Hawk - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #11
AG-51_Sabot

Why is VEAO even allowed to have a sub forum?

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
AG-51_Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #12
zhukov032186

#1 I own the Hawk, I didn't dodge anything. I just don't think I should get a voucher over something that wasn't ED's fault and that afaik they are probably still working on behind the scenes negotiating.

#2 They can't give answers until they have them. More people yelling insistently does not make them appear when they do not exist. Nor is taking rash action to please the mob a good idea. The fact you don't understand that is not a great testament to your reasoning ability.

#3 If mild sarcasm and impatience is all it takes for you to label someone a waste of life, I'd say you have anger issues and need to leave this to the adults. My response, while terse, was far from useless, explaining several points and directing you to go to the extremely obvious thread where this is all ALREADY been discussed and many of your questions have more detailed answers.

I take that back, my time here has indeed been wasted as you probably are unable to grasp most of what's been said. Alas, tis a sacrifice I made and can't take back. My 60 seconds gone forever... I could have microwaved some nachos instead of talking to you.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:01 AM   #13
Worrazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG-51_Sabot View Post

I agree with ED not taking rash decisions, no need to rush anything, unlike hollywood which cancels multi-million dollar shows on a whim based on 1 tweet on sunday morning, let things play out, and it wouldn't be deleted, it would just be archived, it could be back, someone else could pick up the project, who knows.
DCS-Setup: Win10 x64 1607, 1440p@75"32, MOBO: Asus P9X79, CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 4.0GHz, GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB, 24 GB RAM @ 1333 Mhz, DCS on SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.
Worrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:18 AM   #14
Mizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG-51_Sabot View Post
I agree. I suggested that ED take the Hawk off their module list ages ago as it was evident VEAO was not up to standard. It's best they remove the forum like they did with 'Iris' years ago. The latter were also not up to par.

Mizzy
Mizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:34 AM   #15
Mimes

Hello,

I may be in minority but I very much love the Hawk module and am very sad it will not be available in DCS version 2.5.4 onwards. Hawk, you will be sadly missed but I will still fly Hawk in previous versions.

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"
Mimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:46 PM   #16
TOViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimes View Post
Hello,

I may be in minority but I very much love the Hawk module and am very sad it will not be available in DCS version 2.5.4 onwards. Hawk, you will be sadly missed but I will still fly Hawk in previous versions.

+1
| CSL | i7 6700 @ 4.0 GHz | GTX 1070 8GB | 24GB 2666MHz DDR4 | 256 GB SDD + 1 TB HDD | CH 568 Combatstick USB | Win7 Professional 64-Bit | using Oculus Rift CV1 | Not buying any "early access" stuff anymore just to see it getting abandoned 2 years later for yet another "early access" module. Feature complete + 98% bugfree == money.

TOViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #17
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motosuwa View Post
Again, we just want answers - Simple.
I bought the Hawk as well, and I don't want 'answers'. What else is there to need answers for? It was a sub-par product from the beginning that now no longer works. Because of this, a lot of folks have moved on long before VAEO folded and have flown other DCS modules and don't think about the Hawk anymore. Water under the bridge.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II /w SCG-R Premium (side mount for DCS F-16)
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #18
TOViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
I bought the Hawk as well, and I don't want 'answers'. What else is there to need answers for? It was a sub-par product from the beginning that now no longer works. Because of this, a lot of folks have moved on long before VAEO folded and have flown other DCS modules and don't think about the Hawk anymore. Water under the bridge.
It is not a matter of moving on or not. I think every user of the Hawk is moving on, but knowing that the Hawk might be taken out for future versions don't make us friends of the Hawk happy.
Thus we are (at least I am) requesting certainty of what will come in order to prepare another SSD harddisk for keeping a copy of 2.5.3.xxxxx

ED has a difficult issue to solve, and this circumstance is now very well known after some information given by NineLine.

My concerns regarding the Hawk during the last weeks have been:
1.) ED, please don't forget the Hawk pilots who still love and fly the Hawk (and I think the didn't forget us, at least I have the feeling that they really do)
2.) Tell all "Hawk haters", "professional Hawk abandoners" and "convincers that the Hawk is mud" that their opionion is accepted in the same way as the opinion of all "Hawk lovers and pilots" is accepted.

As easy as this. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hope I got the right words, its late ....
| CSL | i7 6700 @ 4.0 GHz | GTX 1070 8GB | 24GB 2666MHz DDR4 | 256 GB SDD + 1 TB HDD | CH 568 Combatstick USB | Win7 Professional 64-Bit | using Oculus Rift CV1 | Not buying any "early access" stuff anymore just to see it getting abandoned 2 years later for yet another "early access" module. Feature complete + 98% bugfree == money.

TOViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:17 AM   #19
NineLine
Community Manager

Please, once again, understand it is currently out of ED's hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOViper View Post
It is not a matter of moving on or not. I think every user of the Hawk is moving on, but knowing that the Hawk might be taken out for future versions don't make us friends of the Hawk happy.
Thus we are (at least I am) requesting certainty of what will come in order to prepare another SSD harddisk for keeping a copy of 2.5.3.xxxxx

ED has a difficult issue to solve, and this circumstance is now very well known after some information given by NineLine.

My concerns regarding the Hawk during the last weeks have been:
1.) ED, please don't forget the Hawk pilots who still love and fly the Hawk (and I think the didn't forget us, at least I have the feeling that they really do)
2.) Tell all "Hawk haters", "professional Hawk abandoners" and "convincers that the Hawk is mud" that their opionion is accepted in the same way as the opinion of all "Hawk lovers and pilots" is accepted.

As easy as this. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hope I got the right words, its late ....
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #20
D0rmicum

Just my „Hawk-story“: after having a break of flightsimming / gaming for a couple of years due to lack of time I built a new rig, invested in some fancy hardware like the Thrustmaster HOTAS, latest TrackIR, etc., installed DCS World, installed my „old“ modules (UH1) and FC3. After having all this stuff installed, I was browsing the ED store and invested some more money on the Hawk, Nevada and another module about one or two weeks before this years autumn sale. During the autumn sale I invested in even more modules. I haven‘t read thousands of threads to figure out how reliable 3rd party developers are (VEAO reputation) or even one EULA but I trusted the ED store in selling software that‘s at least a little bit protected agains circumstances like the „Hawk issue“.
Having said this I don‘t blame ED or expect anything from a legal perspective - it‘s just annoying writing off money without having used the Hawk for a longer period of time. Not upgrading is no option for me as I prefer having my software up to date.
My learning out of this case: don’t buying any module for the regular price in future. I‘ll wait for a sale in so I don‘t feel like a fool. I know that may be not fair but as I‘m not confident that such a case won‘t happen again at the moment that‘s my reaction to the Hawk dilemma.
I really appreciate NineLines explanations and this shows, that there‘s something going on behind the scenes but what would have strengthened my trust in ED would have been an official statement from ED like: we are aware of this uncomfortable situation and working on a solution. Unfortunately we can‘t guarantee the outcome but if we can’t find a solution with VEAO we will provide a 10% off on module xy for all Hawk owners voluntarily to show our goodwill and as thank you for your understanding.
Making a long story short: I‘m not angry and don‘t blame ED for anything. Loving the Hawk and DCS I would have appreciated a more pro active and open communication from ED to the community. That‘s it.

Maps: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandie

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HTC Vive pro, HP Reverb
D0rmicum is offline   Reply With Quote