Ka-50 How many Datalink Targets?

Murey2

Hello,

Does anyone else remember a time were it was possible to memorize more than 4 datalink targets per type on the ABRIS?!

I remember when it was possible to memorize about 9 targets per type on the ABRIS! why it's not the freaking case now I don't know, and wish to know.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember 4 TGT x types in ABRIS, 10 TGT in PVI-800.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

The ABRIS doesn't actually store the DL memory. I.e. turn the ABRIS off completely and DL memory works fine. It does store things but it's a copy and they can be non synchronous.

I know but the ABRIS is the display method!

It's a display method and it's also different than years ago last I checked. Before if you made marks without ABRIS on or powered cycled ABRIS it wouldn't know about the DL memory. Now it does.

To answer your question the answer is 4 of each type of which there are 5 types. The marks are numbered 1 2 3 4 as they are made. When the next mark is made and four (1234) already exist then the new mark becomes 4. The previous 4 becomes 3, 3 becomes 2, 2 becomes 1, and 1 is removed.

It's definitely different now. I think previously the limit was on all marks of any type and a much higher number. Also marks made with ABRIS off are known to ABRIS when it's later turned on and marks persist through a power cycle.

I did some digging and found page 7-114 in the manual:

"The (Data Link) system can only process up to four targets of the same type. If a fifth target of a type is added, it will overwrite the first one."

I did a quick test and that's indeed the default behavior (current open beta, single player, no mods).