Just love her! But...

buspelle

"Dying repeatedly until you get the hang of it is part of its ''charm''... and dying intermittently even after you do."

That pretty much sums it up for me zhukov032186! This is certainly my circuits and bumps module. Short body/light weight tail-draggers are a bit spicey on the ground. I can remember flying in a Renegade Spirit which seemed to try every thing it could to go in the direction it wasn't pointing!

4930_9_Renegade%20resize.jpg

Ron, I'll be on around 9ish, have had to replace the cable on my aging CV1 so have not flown for a while, and the I-16 even more so, could be a comical event.... :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-6700 3.4GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB - Logitech G940 - Oculus Rift CV1

I disagree with the folks saying to cut power, that causes torque roll also. Ideally you should avoid rapid throttle movements and land under low power, then you can reduce throttle smoothly.

Anyway, you can get by without a rudder axis with the jets imo, but the prop planes need AT LEAST a twist axis and preferably full pedals. That said, the I-16 is an extremely quirky, dangerous aircraft... I mean, look at it, it just LOOKS dangerous. Dying repeatedly until you get the hang of it is part of its ''charm''... and dying intermittently even after you do.

I don't see how it's possible without pedals. I'm dancing like Fred Astaire! :)

Some of young folks won't know Fred, but he was a top hoofer back in the day.

And you're right, it does look dangerous. Brave men those pilots...

I don't see how it's possible without pedals. I'm dancing like Fred Astaire! :)

Some of young folks won't know Fred, but he was a top hoofer back in the day.

And you're right, it does look dangerous. Brave men those pilots...

HA! I have every movie Fred and Ginger did together, including the one that was accidental. You'd never know they weren't friends off the set.

She's a dream in the air; turn inside a swallow and even four deer rifles can do a number on anything foolish enough to get in her way.

You pay for it on the ground, though. They need a slingshot launch and a barricade recovery! I have a soviet style grip with the brake axis AND toe brakes; pull the stick lever for both, tweak with the toe brakes, and it all ends up...

Upside down

In the grass

Facing the wrong direction

So, a good landing (I can walk away from it), but not a great landing (can't re-use the aircraft).