Learning to Fly Through M-2000C - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #31
whaaw

Reputation power: 2
whaaw will become famous soon enoughwhaaw will become famous soon enoughwhaaw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by myHelljumper View Post
@Whaaw: Of course if you want it to be simple it will be simple (and it's fine, I have no problem with that ), but if you want to fly like an AdA pilot fly, there is more than 3 button to switch. And the systems is only a fraction of what you need to learn to be efficient with a fighter aircraft. You need to learn a lot of comms, procedure, tactics....

For me flying an aircraft is more than flipping the 3 switches you need to start the engine and be airborne, it's about knowing the procedures, the coms, the checklists, the systems... I'm not saying it's the only way to play the sim (might not have been clear on that, sorry if that was the case), but saying that operating the mirage is using X switches to start, X to drop a bomb, X to fire a missile, X to start the INS... is not very representative of how the aircraft operate.
i Understand you very well, Im a Viggen Instructor Pilot in the TAW community, i know that there is alot more than just the 3 switches to start the Engine. But he was asking how hard is it to learn basically, and my statment is that he would be able to fly the Mirage in a shorter time than any other plane, or at least the same than the FC3 module. One reason i love the mirage so much is that i dont had to dig through the manual 2 weeks to get it flying. I swear i was in the air and deploying rockets 15 min after i joined the Cockpit the first time without any manual or youtube video, no other module provided me that. at least for me
Old 07-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #32
myHelljumper

Reputation power: 5
myHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaaw View Post
i Understand you very well, Im a Viggen Instructor Pilot in the TAW community, i know that there is alot more than just the 3 switches to start the Engine. But he was asking how hard is it to learn basically, and my statment is that he would be able to fly the Mirage in a shorter time than any other plane, or at least the same than the FC3 module. One reason i love the mirage so much is that i dont had to dig through the manual 2 weeks to get it flying. I swear i was in the air and deploying rockets 15 min after i joined the Cockpit the first time without any manual or youtube video, no other module provided me that. at least for me
Alright then, I must have misunderstand you, my apologies .
I do agree with what you said above, the basic stuff is easy and straightforward, I wanted to say that I you dig up a bit you will have to learn a lot of stuff before you can kick ass with it .
I agree that the Viggen is on the other side, if you don't read the manual won't be able to do anything with it .

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote