THANK YOU ED (1.5.7) - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
terminator363

Reputation power: 4
terminator363 is on a distinguished road
Default THANK YOU ED (1.5.7)

I have no idea what was done in 1.5.7 besides the tiny changelog, but nearly all my multiplayer stuttering is gone! The game no longer lags upon entry into a server. Microstutters have almost completely disappeared and I'm getting very stable frames. I would like to hear if others are experiencing this. For the first time since I picked up this sim it feels optimized!

I have been b*tching about this in many threads, now I can finally shut up

Keep this up guys, I'm a very happy pilot
Old 07-15-2017, 05:25 AM   #2
FlightControl

Reputation power: 14
FlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really nice

I thank ED too for trying to fix the problem fast.
And highly likely the issue does not appear when your mission is clean from AI or when you connect to a server.
It will be fixed soon. Am sure of it.

Mission design using the MOOSE LUA Framework for faster Mission Scripting. Check out the MOOSE Example Missions on the MOOSE GitHub to try out live demonstrations of MOOSE features. Join MOOSE support channel on: SLACK.COM;
Check out the MOOSE YouTube Channel for live demonstrations and tutorials.You can contact me on SKYPE (id: FlightControl_Skype), or send me a PM on the ED forums.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
JG14_Smil

Reputation power: 22
JG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

1.5.7 is very good update. Let the fights begin...
Old 07-16-2017, 04:03 AM   #4
Evontroy

Reputation power: 29
Evontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to allEvontroy is a name known to all

Thanks ED.Really enjoying the tweaks and additions.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
selinaland

Reputation power: 0
selinaland is on a distinguished road

1.5.7is very good
Old 07-20-2017, 02:08 AM   #6
Drexx

Reputation power: 2
Drexx is on a distinguished road

1.5.7 is a mess, HUGE stutters on all helicopters, this is talking about 1.5.7. This message is on topic
Developer for the -=16AGR=- US East Dynamic Caucasus Server. Come in and join the fun with a fast and fully fleshed out PVP/PVE map with Sling Loading, fully fleshed out base defenses, convoys, and automated events.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:19 AM   #7
FragBum

FragBum will become famous soon enoughFragBum will become famous soon enoughFragBum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexx View Post
1.5.7 is a mess, HUGE stutters on all helicopters, this is talking about 1.5.7. This message is on topic
Perhaps review your graphics settings as I have found both 2.1.x and 1.5.7 seem to be somewhat more demanding on CPU and graphics then previous versions.

I have both quite playable in SP and from what little MP I have done in 2.1.1 so could be worthwhile.

Take MSAA and AF and deferred shading off PD to 1.0 for a start and work from that point to see what is causing issues.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:34 AM   #8
Drexx

Drexx is on a distinguished road

I run a hugely populated multiplayer server, has nothing to do with graphics settings. I just reverted everything to 1.5.6
Developer for the -=16AGR=- US East Dynamic Caucasus Server. Come in and join the fun with a fast and fully fleshed out PVP/PVE map with Sling Loading, fully fleshed out base defenses, convoys, and automated events.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #9
BlueFalconMed

Reputation power: 0
BlueFalconMed is on a distinguished road

Tried different variations of graphics settings. Kept getting FPS fluctuations: from 30FPS to 13FPS every couple of seconds (not using Oculus) in every server I tried in 1.5.7. Causes flight problems with Helos. Reverted to 1.5.6. No Problems--roughly 60FPS, SOLID....

A fix or any help resolving my issue is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by BlueFalconMed; 07-20-2017 at 04:30 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:25 AM   #10
FlightControl

Reputation power: 14
FlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexx View Post
I run a hugely populated multiplayer server, has nothing to do with graphics settings. I just reverted everything to 1.5.6
Drew, I understand but let it loose.
The problem is that those who only play DCS connecting to servers don't see the problem.
And they will think, "why is the caucasus server offline"?

So a message to all those that have stated 1.5.7 is great:
There is a showstopper issue in this version.
It prevents servers running a lot of AI to function well.
ED is working on the issues. But as a result, a lot of serves are down in 1.5.7.

Once 1.5.7 is fixed, you may see the server population growing again.

Advise to rollback to 1.5.6, as there isn't any significant functionality added.

Mission design using the MOOSE LUA Framework for faster Mission Scripting. Check out the MOOSE Example Missions on the MOOSE GitHub to try out live demonstrations of MOOSE features. Join MOOSE support channel on: SLACK.COM;
Check out the MOOSE YouTube Channel for live demonstrations and tutorials.You can contact me on SKYPE (id: FlightControl_Skype), or send me a PM on the ED forums.

Closed Thread