Tutorial series for the Viggen - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #101
whaaw

Reputation power: 2
whaaw will become famous soon enoughwhaaw will become famous soon enoughwhaaw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzfr View Post
I like yours tutorials, but i have some problem with waypoints.
For me not work using a N and E.
First E to N. - dont know what i do wrong.
i dont know what your problem is exactly, i assume your not abel to input koordinates.
First you have to do is put your Ck into REF LOLA you also need to switch to IN
now to the coordinates: you want to input this example koordinates 405219/414500 this coordinates are already LOLA what means Longitude first (LO) latitude (LA) second. so you would go REF LOLA switch to IN Input these 405219414500 press the B1 or any other B waypoint and done. hope this helps
Old 07-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #102
kzfr

Reputation power: 0
kzfr is on a distinguished road

Ok, now i know i wrong write on first time "LO is not N" but E"" Ok my bad.
kzfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #103
mmaclauchlan

Reputation power: 0
mmaclauchlan is on a distinguished road

Purchased the Viggen a few days ago, but didn't have a chance to fly it until last night. During those few days I did a lot of reading and watched John's videos. Thank you, John, for taking the time to put those together and sharing with the community. They are a huge help and will continue to be a resource as I learn this excellent aircraft.
mmaclauchlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #104
SVgamer72

Reputation power: 7
SVgamer72 will become famous soon enoughSVgamer72 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaclauchlan View Post
Purchased the Viggen a few days ago, but didn't have a chance to fly it until last night. During those few days I did a lot of reading and watched John's videos. Thank you, John, for taking the time to put those together and sharing with the community. They are a huge help and will continue to be a resource as I learn this excellent aircraft.
+1

I have watched the videos several times, and I go back and review often. The effort and work put into making them is very much appreciated!
SVgamer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #105
fjacobsen

Reputation power: 11
fjacobsen has a spectacular aura aboutfjacobsen has a spectacular aura aboutfjacobsen has a spectacular aura aboutfjacobsen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVgamer72 View Post
+1

I have watched the videos several times, and I go back and review often. The effort and work put into making them is very much appreciated!
+1

Johns tutorials are teached in a very clear and understandable language and has numerous times been a shortcut for me to learn different systems and tactics. - So also thx from me.
Gem
Old 08-16-2017, 08:58 PM   #106
Mule

Reputation power: 11
Mule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the rough

These videos have been an endless help to me learning this magnificent sim. I'm not one for getting my head stuck into a manual (although I do love a good manual....hypocrite)

so thank you so much for taking the time to make these. Great help.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #107
Rudel_chw

Reputation power: 9
Rudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really niceRudel_chw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
These videos have been an endless help to me learning this magnificent sim.

so thank you so much for taking the time to make these. Great help.
+1 .. Yes, xxJohn has a way of explaining that is both clear, concise and delivered in an entertaining way ... I really liked his thoughtfulness of sharing the mission files so one could practice along.

I'm now using his MiG-21 videos to help learn that plane ... pity that most of the missions of those older videos are no longer available

Hope he does a new series with the F-14 when it cames out
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #108
Canadus

Reputation power: 1
Canadus is on a distinguished road

+1 from my side, as I finally found time to learn the module that got me interested in DCS.
I like the clear and detailed tutorials of John and they are a treat to watch.
His calm way in presenting you the information is fun and helpful.
Even my wife was following one of his videos, while playing her arcadeish games on the ipad, and that means something...

PS: We had some fight about the question, where John is from. Wife thinks he is from somewhere Eastern Europe, my guess is more Scandinavian. Perhaps someone can settle this?
Old 08-17-2017, 05:06 AM   #109
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadus View Post
+1 from my side, as I finally found time to learn the module that got me interested in DCS.
I like the clear and detailed tutorials of John and they are a treat to watch.
His calm way in presenting you the information is fun and helpful.
Even my wife was following one of his videos, while playing her arcadeish games on the ipad, and that means something...

PS: We had some fight about the question, where John is from. Wife thinks he is from somewhere Eastern Europe, my guess is more Scandinavian. Perhaps someone can settle this?
Austria, according to his forum profile.

[Do you use a FFB device?]

Flagrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:20 PM   #110
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 55
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
Austria, according to his forum profile.
Yup, pretty sure he also said so in one of the videos or answered this when asked about it.