Where to find a group? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 01:22 AM   #1
NullSpace

Reputation power: 5
NullSpace is on a distinguished road
Default Where to find a group?

Hello! I'm an experienced but pretty rusty A-10C pilot. I'm also comfortable enough with many of the aircraft to take off/start up/fly around, though I'm a pretty poor helicopter pilot.

I'm trying to find a group to fly with, and I'm not really sure where to start looking, so apologies if this is the wrong spot to ask. I'm generally more interested in the "PvE" teamwork mission environment, and would love to find some folks to fly/practice with, in the past that's made the game so much more immersive.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:46 AM   #2
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 9
feefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nice

Stop on by -

http://355thvfs.enjin.com
Old 07-16-2017, 03:17 AM   #3
NullSpace

Reputation power: 5
NullSpace is on a distinguished road

Dropped in an application, should I jump on teamspeak right away, or wait to hear back on that?
Old 07-16-2017, 03:27 AM   #4
Oscar Juliet

Reputation power: 4
Oscar Juliet will become famous soon enoughOscar Juliet will become famous soon enough

Everyone has their preferences. We're super casual with a public server perfect for rusty and vets alike.
Official Website

My Youtube Channel

My A10c Help Guide

I fly using CH products
Oscar Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 48
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

Oh there are many. Might want to check Community and Multiplayer pages. From the back of my head I nominate TAW, Shrek, 104th Phoenix, 476th (the toughest in A-10C mastery I believe), ACG.

Another way to help yourself is to go online in the sim and lookup dedicated squadrons or groups (the ones with less latency or ping) and your locale, you know.. then mail them or use their method of application.
Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #6
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Reputation power: 18
baltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
This one. Awesome bunch of people and very active. You'll learn a lot and have even more fun!
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
Xavven

Reputation power: 6
Xavven is a jewel in the roughXavven is a jewel in the roughXavven is a jewel in the roughXavven is a jewel in the roughXavven is a jewel in the roughXavven is a jewel in the roughXavven is a jewel in the rough

If you're on steam, PM me your steam name and I'll friend you. I have a few home-brewed multiplayer PvE maps if you're interested.
Xavven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #8
Scaley

Reputation power: 4
Scaley has a spectacular aura aboutScaley has a spectacular aura aboutScaley has a spectacular aura aboutScaley has a spectacular aura about

When I was looking for an online squad to join I just used a fair bit of google, plus this list:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Virtual..._and_Regiments

which is a bit out of date, and read each squad website to try to find one that offered what I was looking for. Ended up with the 476th since they felt like the best match for what I was looking for (and we're not that tough!!) If you have any 476th related questions drop me a PM or check out our forums.

476th vFG
Scaley AV YouTube
Scaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #9
Tbolt

Reputation power: 0
Tbolt will become famous soon enoughTbolt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post

Thanks a lot!
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote