Flight Simulator Convention - Helicopter Museum Weston-Super-Mare, UK - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Peter_Pilot

Reputation power: 8
Peter_Pilot will become famous soon enoughPeter_Pilot will become famous soon enough
Default Flight Simulator Convention - Helicopter Museum Weston-Super-Mare, UK

Hi All,

I am planning to take my home made helicopter controls to the flight simulator convention at the Helicopter Museum, Weston Super Mare, UK on the weekend 22/23 July 2017. As well as flight sims there is also drone racing.

http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/drone.htm

I will be running DCS World and have the Ka-50, UH-1, Mi-8 and Gazelle modules installed. My collective lever doubles as a throttle so I can also run my fixed wing modules: Mig 21, Mig 15, Sabre, A-10C, Spitfire IX, Bf109, Fw190, P-51D & FC3 modules F-15C, Su-27, A-10A, Su-25.

'Hope to see some forum members there, come along and have a go.

All the best,

Pete.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.p...0&d=1368347191

Last edited by Peter_Pilot; 07-16-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Peter_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #2
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 55
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

I'd love to check that out if I was a little closer.

Have fun and I hope you'll meet a lot of community members!
Old 07-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #3
Peter_Pilot

Peter_Pilot will become famous soon enoughPeter_Pilot will become famous soon enough

Thanks Yurgon, it was fun the last time I took my sim in 2012, I am sure it will be this time.

Pete.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #4
molevitch

Reputation power: 13
molevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura aboutmolevitch has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm, I was planning to visit anyway, to see their Mi-24. And on 22nd I will be halfway there, so I think I will make my way to Weston on 23rd, family in tow.

Mi-24 Cyclic and Collective with Magnetic Brakes and Force Feedback
Mag Brake in operation
molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #5
Cibit
Veteran

Reputation power: 43
Cibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Pilot View Post
Thanks Yurgon, it was fun the last time I took my sim in 2012, I am sure it will be this time.

Pete.
Wow is it that long ago. I wanted to go then and I want to go now. Running a guest house precludes any summertime visits to anywhere but the supermarket

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:16 AM   #6
Peter_Pilot

Hi All,

I went to the Flight Sim Convention at the Helicopter Museum on Saturday and had a good day, lots of people had a go on my setup. Many positive comments and great interest from others hoping to build similar setups.

Apologies to anyone who came on Sunday because I wasn't able to be there. My nearest and dearest injured her hand and the local hospital couldn't deal with it and I had to drive her to Bristol. Her hand should heal but it meant I missed half the show.

Best wishes,

Pete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170722_151118681_HDR.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	166322  
Old 07-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #7
Lao Fei Mao

Reputation power: 5