Which Graphics card (sorry)? PC order spec.

Just had a look at your list shu77 and went in to look at the Aussie prices, its been a few years since I lived there and came to the UK, so I saw a 3770k listed at $1500, if you know anyone that's wants to buy mine, I will hand deliver it for that price.

Mate I know its called geofencing. I have the same problem with snow gear. When I used to go to texas, I could pick up a snowboard, bring it home run it for 2 years and still make a profit selling it secondhand. unfortunate outcome of being on the bottom side of the world.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Man: you better wait a month or two for uppgrading your VR headset: everybody is waiting to get a new HP Reverb G2. You will be very happy with that and price is reasonable. (You probably can preorder now).

Over the specs over a new computer for DCS: the components selected by SHU77 are a bit old by now (sorry): Better go with a new Intel 10600K or find a good deal with an 3800X AMD platform (or with a Ryzen 7 4700G landing in a couple of weeks).

Look the specifications of Reece146 recent upgrade for a more actual build and adjust your wallet with that 10600K.

AMD will be a little bit cheaper if you can live with a very decent but not top performance on DCS though.

But, anyway, you can´t be wrong neither with AMD or actual Intel platforms.

It´s only that new generation CPUs usually cost the same or less than old ones, so I will go with the newer platform as posible.

Just that.

Yes No harm no foul it is a spec from a couple months back, but I am also aiming to spend less than $3500 AUD so I can get a headset as well.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

https://andres.shop/jetseat/24-vibrating-pad-simshaker-jetpad-fse.html

I used to have just the shakers and the software, (buy that from his site) but I also bought the jet seat that took a few weeks to deliver, but came a week early than shipping suggested .

Well worth having the seat as you can feel the difference in the different parts of your body.

Bass shakers work really well as background.

Have you heard of pointctrl?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Point Control?... no. What is it?

... So Jet seat looks a little as an haptic suit for Vr games:

I will search a little this weekend over that Jet Seat.

And @Bob1943: you probably can find free common software to operate the shakers too. (https://www.simhubdash.com/)

Try iracing + shakers on youtube as the shakers are more common on racing software.

But I should try them too Andrew, Thanks!

It seems the software used by 6DOF is used frequently for body shakers too, so: great!

if you fly DCS in VR you need pointctrl.

https://pointctrl.com/

That´s curious, man.

I will check out that too.

It feels comfortable enought or is it a work in progress?

A problem with those tables and the motion platform comes to my mind.

Have you seen Vtool vids with people clicking the buttons? (I think they do that using the VR controllers).

Maybe with handtracking will work some day too.

I like all those strange complements, LOL.

Point ctrl works exceptionally well.

I use in the a10, that's got lots of buttons, I gave my mfds away as i never used them again.

I'm going to fix a light weight board to a light weight chair so hopefully that will work. Not many people use a board and you can just wave your hand in the air.

It is hand tracking in a 3d space. Works like Trackir but for your hands and with left and right button and a scroll button. So the same functionality as a mouse.

I was going to say just that in the post before: TrackIR for your hands.

Very interesting, I´ll check that out.

Maybe some day you will get one of this for your A10-C too:

Thanks for the tips Andrew. At this point I´m just starting to collect info for the best inmersion setup.

I left the gaming arena 20 years ago and have to come back with as much fury as I can. LOL

And VR just called my attention.

But I´ll have to re-start fron cero. (My old F-16 Thrustmaster throttle won´t work again for sure).

I´m just aligning it all. (Even the room).

So thanks for the knowledge.

And it seems you are an A-10 fan, Isn´t it?.... no other planes?

Edited by Leaderface

I like the wires but could see that as a bit of a nightmare.....

Fly the huey on Monday nights and dabble with other planes, I nearly have the whole set but not enough time to learn them.

If you're coming back after 20 years, apart from the wallet, what a time to come back!

I If you're coming back after 20 years, apart from the wallet, what a time to come back!

Yes!!

And I like tech, man, but walked throught some hard years that I have finally mastered and starting to get profits from that. I´m alive and kicking right now.

(I had a Commodore 128 and a couple of Amigas too)

So: let´s start seriously with your asked Pc config:

Are you really delaying it or you wanna buy now?

I´ll do a well thought out shopping list for you in either case. You don´t need to wait if you need to buy this summer. It´s just that you better keep off your hands on the products that are so near on the refreshing cycle. But you just wait a couple of months on them and you will be fine working with an old one in the meantime.

Even you can profit preordering now some things like the Reverb G2. That way you won´t feel discomfort waiting without doing nothing.

I like Pc configs so just tell me (I´m from Spain and you will shop from U.K., no?.... Same components in Europe, so easy task). It´s just that the components on fall 2020 will be different, but that allways happens. (It´s like a new car, it gets instantly old when you buy one. No way to avoid that).

Edited by Leaderface

Hola, I have a twin brother that lives in Majadahonda Madrid.

I've decided to wait a bit, I'm just finishing my office at home, then I was going to get the H2 chair setup and then see where everything was. Then it's the summer holiday. So September will be the earliest. But will take you up on the spec offer.

I didn't pre order the G2 yet as it would just make me a little nervous. Bird in hand and all that.

Good.

You´ll kill the time in between.

The mayor changes in the industry will come around October (Septembre to November).

At that time we surely will focus on AMD, Ryzen3 and whatever chipset and pairing memories that comes with it. (Not many information on that yet).

That H2 will set you on fire waiting on the upgrade.

Let´s see.

I think Mahadaonda is near the Airport. I live near Bilbao (much better temperatures on summer, that´s for sure).

Great time talking here, Thanks for your time.

Yeah, I think the fall will be a good time to look at GPUs.

From my monitoring tools I've determined that 8 GB of VRAM is not enough. I almost wonder if a Radeon VII (16GB HBM2 Memory) would be a good stop gap for DCS in the meantime - if you can find one.

At some point I'm going to experiment with dropping textures and such to reduce GPU memory load (i.e. mean below 100% utilization) and see if it makes any difference to frame rates with the card I have now (2070S w/ 8GB VRAM).

From my monitoring tools I've determined that 8 GB of VRAM is not enough. I almost wonder if a Radeon VII (16GB HBM2 Memory) .

Playing on 2d monitor is quite enjoyable with mid range cards

When it comes to vr, DCS engine as it now is a glutton on system resources.

I really wish ED would realize their goals at optimizing the game.

The 11g and above vram are mostly reserved higher end graphic cards except new releases from amd and nvidia offer something good for mid-range cards.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

At some point I'm going to experiment with dropping textures and such to reduce GPU memory load (i.e. mean below 100% utilization) and see if it makes any difference to frame rates with the card I have now (2070S w/ 8GB VRAM).

Those experiments will tell us how to improve things in the future. Good to know. (But try to stick to allways the same version of DCS between experiments).

You know what?: I think ED touched bottom on the FPS related issues with the last updates and know that. I expect some "magical" improvements are near.

I want to believe.