Roadmap maybe?

currenthill

I might be pushing at open doors, my forum search skills may very well be inadequate. :music_whistling:

The Viggen module is by far my favorite module, so I was hoping there would be an regularly updated roadmap regarding its development?

Keep up the good work!

Development of the Viggen has been extremely slow in the past 2 years. Every year they assert that they don't want to be stuck in an eternal beta rut and will complete the Viggen later that year, but then only release a handful of fixes througout the year (which I do appreciate!) and repeat the same next year. It's been like this for a few years now and it makes me pretty sad, because it takes to complete the Viggen at that pace. :(

2017:

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

2018:

Hey Everyone.

We're in a bit of quiet mode because of the holiday period - expect news on the Viggen and the plan for the final few patches before 1.0 release just after new years eve.

Thanks for flying the Viggen in 2018! <3

2019:

The Viggen is not a second rate citizen for us. Our priorities are now aligned so as to launch these remaining items without question later this year.
Our sincere apologies for it taking longer than expected!

End of 2019:

We will follow-up this patch with another Release Candidate patch next year, which will focus on delivering the final major elements that will complete this product.

2020: :dunno:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No one knows really. What the Viggen still awaits are the new sounds, various art fixes to the pilot model and an external model and texture overhaul. Kind of sad that it became a second class cotizen among all the delays with the Tomcat.

No one knows really. What the Viggen still awaits are the new sounds, various art fixes to the pilot model and an external model and texture overhaul.

And bug fixes!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wish there was an English cockpit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

The cabin of the plane with the native language is more correct and sincere

I9-13900K 5.6Ghz / MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI/ 128Gb 6000MHz/ RTX 4090/ Asus RogXG279Q/ TM Hotas Warthog/ Saitek X65F/ ThrustMaster TPR Worldwide version/ TrackIR 5/ HP G2 / Logitech  G13. etc All Modules All Terrains

The cabin of the plane with the native language is more correct and sincere

In a literal sense, yes. In a meta sense it isn't. A translated cockpit simulates the linguistic familiarity a native speaker would have in that cockpit.

Don't like it? Don't use it. That simple, but theres no reason it shouldn't be there for those who don't want to learn swedish.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Major items include the exterior sound overhaul and PBR overhaul. There are not many changes beyond that planned except for bugfixing.

We'll be feature complete, stable and mostly bug-free. That's what we consider release status. We think the Viggen, even in it's present state fulfills that status.

Ground radar overhaul with the new API is not planned.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Assuming the irritating BER bug has been taken care of, I would love the mentioned sound overhaul - and a more spectacular afterburner effect in the dark.

I don't know if the latter is a core DCS limitation, but the current effect looks more like a glowing candle in a spa than the terrifying blast from a roaring afterburning turbofan. :thumbup:

hqdefault.jpg

Major items include the exterior sound overhaul and PBR overhaul. There are not many changes beyond that planned except for bugfixing.

We'll be feature complete, stable and mostly bug-free. That's what we consider release status. We think the Viggen, even in it's present state fulfills that status.

PBR?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Thanks Cobra! As a Viggen customer (I don't have the F-14) it feels good that you pop in here and talk to us every once in a while.

What about the J 35? I hope that is first in line before A-6 and some other F-14 promises.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

except for bugfixing.

Still a lot to do there... :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is the J-35 still planned?

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
I dearly hope so.

I feel the Viggen needs this plus a lot more Swedish assets.

Totally agree, hopefully we hear some news from HB on their AI assets soon...

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

In a literal sense, yes. In a meta sense it isn't. A translated cockpit simulates the linguistic familiarity a native speaker would have in that cockpit.

Don't like it? Don't use it. That simple, but theres no reason it shouldn't be there for those who don't want to learn swedish.

[laughs in Norwegian]

:smilewink:

He conquers, who endures. -Perseus

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

[laughs in Norwegian]

:smilewink:

:megalol:

Thought about the Simpsons episode where Norwegian people do all the work in Springfield and how they laugh...

Love the country, too long since I've been there...

Alias in Discord: Mailman

I really want to buy it, but the aircraft keeps causing regular momentary freezes and semi-regular computer crashes. I just can't support a product that I can't use.

I get that they don't want to be constantly fixing it in open beta, but if that's the case I'd rather they just finished it and only guarantee stability for release build of DCS.