3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Caucasus works wonderful!

Fine, I'll check for Normandy, Nevada and PG.

EDIT : that's not so easy to fix it, it will take some time. I also found some other problems to fix... :-(

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

New 2.8 version uploaded:

• Message copy should work for all maps, I rework it a bit, copied messages are only displayed after the original message has vanished.
  • Label masking should work in all situation, even if zooming may brake the masking is some situtation (I'll fix that in the future)
  • Sea color will still change when zooming, but I try to find a setting that lower lower "white sea" effect at night whithout darkening too much sea during day. That's far from perfect, but this is too tricky for me.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

err, my install of latest does not zoom more than 10x

When I set to 15x or 20x stays the same zoom as DCS binocular VR zoom

; modify here the first value you want to use for zoom increase

$zoomFactor = 15.0

?

10x looks better that 10x DCS binocular VR zoom, more contrast, see the Stennis deck better, btw.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hey, Lefuneste. I tried on low and normal FOV, Pimax 5k+. Spitfire. Caucasus. The trees along the horizon jump up and down. See the track.

Hello, I know but that's tricky to fix too...my priority was to make working the same functions as before.

There are others bugs, like for example different eye vertical shift for Reverb when zooming. I will release a new version with new features before new year.

.. for example different eye vertical shift for Reverb when zooming ..

I was correcting vertical shift with Reverb but it would not save the setting, view jumped back after release of zoom key also when holding all keys, but, just by pouncing on the keys I somehow seem to have a proper zoom now, bit of coincidence. I did use before the other vertical shift, left eye, right eye, offset tool (saves in MRP I think)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 weeks later...

New version 3.0 available in first post:

• Compatibility with OB and stable 2.5.5.41371
  • Sharpen filter
  • New zoom & NVG setting mode with help text
  • Bug fixes

Sharpen filter is applyed only on cockpit, to avoid shimmering and reduce performance impact. If requested, I may be able to set different sharpen for landscape and cockpit.

By default sharpen is OFF and must be toggled ON by LALT + F8. Sharpen factor can be modified, I set a default sharpen factor of 3, it can be easily modified.

@redcloud111 : sorry, I did not manage to reproduce your problem. Can you post a track with the TF51 (I do not have the Spit) ?

I can't seem to get this to work at all with the DCS VR Shaders mod aka the Kegetys MOD, even if I have SSAA disabled and no global cockpit illumination, it works just fine independently. anything that I/you can do?

I would also make a plea for a joystick button DX button option, as it prevents key press collisions even when using target.

My cockpit doesn't shimmer, but my landscape certainly does so that would be a nice addition to sharpen the landscape.

thanks for your work on this

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I can't seem to get this to work at all with the DCS VR Shaders mod aka the Kegetys MOD

I would also make a plea for a joystick button DX button option, as it prevents key press collisions even when using target.

My cockpit doesn't shimmer, but my landscape certainly does so that would be a nice addition to sharpen the landscapes

The mod is not compatible with Kegeys. At first I made it, but it simply double the work, and there is a lot of work to make the mod for each version of DCS...

I tried to include some features of Kegetys, like for example process only the center area of display, but it only provide marginal fps win...I asked some help to Kegetys, but he is very busy also...

Unfortunately this is not possible to use DX button with 3dmigoto lib, only XBOX controlers are supported :cry: But I used a a target profile without trouble.

The sharpen filter will make shimmering greater, I think. But, as I wrote, I should be easy to add different settings for landscape sharpening.

The mod is not compatible with Kegeys. At first I made it, but it simply double the work, and there is a lot of work to make the mod for each version of DCS...

I tried to include some features of Kegetys, like for example process only the center area of display, but it only provide marginal fps win...I asked some help to Kegetys, but he is very busy also...

Unfortunately this is not possible to use DX button with 3dmigoto lib, only XBOX controlers are supported :cry: But I used a a target profile without trouble.

The sharpen filter will make shimmering greater, I think. But, as I wrote, I should be easy to add different settings for landscape sharpening.

Thanks and understood, I misunderstood some of the notices in the description, to imply that it would work with Kegetys mod, if you disabled MSAA and Global Cockpit illumination, my bad!

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks for this mod!

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

hi, I'm here to report a bug.

LALT+F12 save function appears to be broken, and won't save. however, it does close the settings menu when it is pressed, it just won't save any changes, and sticks with the default convergence, mask etc settings.

Also the mod is working flawlessly for IL-2, so this seems to be a DCS-only issue.

if there is a way this can be adjusted through the .ini files, please show me the variables. :)

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Great mod. Makes the cockpit super easy to read and makes the F16 displays much nicer in VR. One issue I have noticed is sometimes the contrails look funny (almost like an old build engine sprite) with the mod on which can be quite distracting. Any clues what that could be?

I did adjust down the amount of sharpening and luma to get a more subtle effect (kind of like touching up a photograph).

hi, I'm here to report a bug.

LALT+F12 save function appears to be broken, and won't save. however, it does close the settings menu when it is pressed, it just won't save any changes, and sticks with the default convergence, mask etc settings.

Also the mod is working flawlessly for IL-2, so this seems to be a DCS-only issue.

if there is a way this can be adjusted through the .ini files, please show me the variables. :)

That's strange, because it's pure 3Dmigoto part. Did you try with RALT+F12 ?

One issue I have noticed is sometimes the contrails look funny (almost like an old build engine sprite) with the mod on which can be quite distracting.

Can you post a track when you notice this problem ?

That's strange, because it's pure 3Dmigoto part. Did you try with RALT+F12 ?
Yeah. It was actually the first ALT key I used lol

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Can you post a track when you notice this problem ?

Sure thing. Here is a track file (just pulling some G's in the Viper) and here is an example screenshot (tried both Viper and Hornet for good measure and have repaired the installation and re-applied the mod just to check it wasn't something messed up in my files).

attachment.php?attachmentid=224484&stc=1&d=1578315436

Screen_200106_235337.thumb.png.817d33a389abda039d80239f2baf66db.png

Sure thing. Here is a track file (just pulling some G's in the Viper) and here is an example screenshot (tried both Viper and Hornet for good measure and have repaired the installation and re-applied the mod just to check it wasn't something messed up in my files).

There is no track file in your post. Can you include one with the F18 (I do not have the F16) ?

There is no track file in your post. Can you include one with the F18 (I do not have the F16) ?

Here you go, done with the F-18. It is a short track so if you go to external views it should happen pretty quickly.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=224556&stc=1&d=1578401723

(Thank you by the way for such a quick reply!)

Contrails.trk

Here you go, done with the F-18. It is a short track so if you go to external views it should happen pretty quickly.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=224556&stc=1&d=1578401723

Hello, I did not see any problem in the track. What are your graphic options ?

Hello, I did not see any problem in the track. What are your graphic options ?

High textures, no MSAA, no global illumination, 16X AF, Have 1.4 x PD by Oculus Tray Tool... I wonder if that is it?? Will test (Nope it wasn't that)

Edited by Cytarabine

Ok, I saw the problem (more subtle than I though) and fix it. But I saw also a problem with post combustion, will also fix it.
The saving problem?

I found a workaround, and edited the cfg files directly to get the zoom IPD to stay as I set it.