DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

wonder when we will start seeing wags videos of the hind

I bet theres not even enough to show a video.

Same with F4 =((((((

I wish ED would just say F IT 1939 TO 1989 ONLY

Redfors gonna keeep getting stuck.

I really want Su34s su35s but it wont happen and we know it

I would LOVE to fly il28s and Su24s, Mig25s, or even have em around at alll. the 19 and upcoming 23 are good starts but its still REALLY uneven.

I get they cant get the fidelity because documentation bc new planes. So no mig 31 for me.

But almost all the pre 90 planes at least have been exported and you cant convince me they couldnt get Mig25 data or SU24 data, etc

btw id be day 1 buyer and give organs for any of the following

F4 Phantom II

A6 Intruder

Mi24 HIND

Su24

OV10

day 1 no organ

f111

Su17

IL28

mig 23

Su22

F15E (only if multicrew like f14)

Finally

I was surprised how much I dig the JF17

MOAR unaligned stufff!

Old chinese stuff, any indigenous planes that are actually fighters or bombers..

Israeli Kafir perhaps -

Subject of the topic Igla i bought the book "MIL Mi-24 Attack Helicoper". There is a topic AA missiles, stating that first Strela and later Igla missiles were fitted to MI-24s but both weren't used in large scale probably of inadequate missile(seeker?) range. "...probably because the more modern Ataka-V and Shturm-V guided antitank missiles were also capable of engaging enemy helicopters, and at distances beyond the range of the Igla." It also states the use of the R-60M missile "....it was found that under normal climatic conditions for central Europe, the R-60M missile could detect another helicopter or propeller-driven aircraft only up to a range of 2,000 feet."

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Last video from Wags related to the Syrian map, Damascus Air Taxi from the Mi-8.

At the beginning of the video (2.13Min) we can see a Mi-24P « Oh what’s the hind is doing there ?? »

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4417576&postcount=1

In fact no big improvements compared to the last screenshots released during mid-April 2020 :cry:

It's sitting cold on the ramp, how can you evaluate the progress on system coding? :D ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

It's sitting cold on the ramp, how can you evaluate the progress on system coding? :D ;)

Of course I can’t compare the system coding but, as mentionned in my post, I only observed the difference on the external view (Compared to the last screenshots)...

Some improvements are nevertheless visible on the guns fairing.:smilewink:

Last video from Wags related to the Syrian map, Damascus Air Taxi from the Mi-8.

At the beginning of the video (2.13Min) we can see a Mi-24P « Oh what’s the hind is doing there ?? »

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4417576&postcount=1

In fact no big improvements compared to the last screenshots released during mid-April 2020 :cry:

it looks like an AI mi24. exactly the same to me. i dont think that was a hint

Of course I can’t compare the system coding but, as mentionned in my post, I only observed the difference on the external view (Compared to the last screenshots)...

Some improvements are nevertheless visible on the guns fairing.:smilewink:

What are those? I didnt see any

No.

There are no AI Mi-24P in DCS world.

The one and only one we have is the Mi-24V - chin mounted machine gun turret.

In the video you can clearly see the 2x30mm cannons, on the right side of the fuselage.

Definitly no Mi-24V

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

And no evidence it enough reasonable to put a since fiction weapon under the MI-24 P Hind?

Which science fiction weapons you mean, laser cannons, vortex missiles or gay bombs?

Back to your nice Logic Diagramm, why the send the MI-24 P in to service with R60 Weapons that block a complete weapon station for ground Weapons, meanwhile the could hang the well adopted Igla.

Do you really need to ask?

Do you know what difference is between R-60 and any IGLA technically?

Why to hang AIM-9 on AH-64 or AH-1 when great Stinger was available?

Why was R-60 considered at all and tested with various helicopters as well, next to R-73?

Mi-24 P was allready in Production when the first man portable IGLA arrived, on military Equipment it is not plug in hope it will work.

And who claimed so?

With many things you can literally do so when weapon is simplified itself.

Like if you know how IGLA launcher (weapon) works and how missile is connected to it, you can rewire it almost endless ways as you want. It is little more complex than example attaching a heavy machine gun back of a car, or rocket pods. But when you give someone little creative freedom and tools, they will make a IED from crazy simple stuff.

Ukrainian_MLRS_rocket_launcher_system_based_on_SA-13_Gopher_using_S-8_rockets_pods_640_001.jpg

Need considerable testing adope Hardware such as Pylons and Software to such things.

You really believe that Mi-24 has some high tech software in it? That R-60, IGLA etc has software programming in them that you need to interface?

Those old things are pretty much iron, wires and some simple electronics. Those things were made very war proof, at era when software industry was still considering that a suitcase size laptop was tiny with 10 kg weight.

It is bureaucracy that can stop many innovative war time solutions from happening. But more advanced and finer technology you go, more difficult it becomes. At some time you needed just an hammer and drill to build war machines. Now you need a high tech laboratory with army of scientists to solve problem how to kill someone "morally".

If you would get example the blowup map of a IGLA, do you think a way how you could get it attached to roof of your car and means to launch it while you are driving and how to aim it from inside?

Similar, but fully detailed and even give you access on few for testing and study?

IGLA_blowup.jpg.84d5f293acf44eda813b34fcfbe525e9.jpg

How long you think it would take from a person who has access to people who built those things?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

wonder when we will start seeing wags videos of the hind

We saw already long time ago, but Mi-24 was then pushed further. I don't recall exactly what it was, L-39 or some first preview videos where Wags made first famous "What is that Hind doing here?" teasers. And probably Yak-52 was on the same video as well. I only remember that Wags was taxiing long way and Mi-24P was on right side next to taxiway, and faint recollection that before it a Yak-52 was on left side at start of taxiway.

But years later.... Here we are still waiting the release.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Google Translate

Subject of the topic Igla i bought the book "MIL Mi-24 Attack Helicoper". There is a topic AA missiles, stating that first Strela and later Igla missiles were fitted to MI-24s but both weren't used in large scale probably of inadequate missile(seeker?) range. "...probably because the more modern Ataka-V and Shturm-V guided antitank missiles were also capable of engaging enemy helicopters, and at distances beyond the range of the Igla." It also states the use of the R-60M missile "....it was found that under normal climatic conditions for central Europe, the R-60M missile could detect another helicopter or propeller-driven aircraft only up to a range of 2,000 feet."

Yes, that's right. The USSR Ministry of Defense did not consider it advisable to use air-to-air missiles in army helicopters because of the unlikely nature of helicopter air battles. If such situations would suddenly arise, it was believed that the helicopter would be able to solve these problems with standard weapons: ATGMs or GAU armaments.

At the same time, preparation for launching AAMs with an uncooled or thermoelectrically cooled photodetector of the IR homing head (R-60 and R-60M, respectively) will be somewhat simpler than preparation for launching Soviet MANPADS missiles (2nd and 3rd generations) with refrigerant cooling of the photodetector, in which additional controls are needed to puncture the battery and coolant unit. This greatly simplifies the installation of an AAM system with an uncooled or thermoelectrically cooled photodetector on a helicopter, which can be carried out in airfield conditions.

In addition, a large number of R-60 missiles were available in army depots, and probably the USSR Ministry of Defense considered the episodic use of these missiles in Mi-24 helicopters to be less costly than the start of serial production of the Igla-V missile weapon system, the use of which in combat operations considered unlikely.

Proceeding from this, the USSR Ministry of Defense apparently did not serially introduce air-to-air missiles to army helicopters, but limited itself to the fact that after the end of the full test cycle it issued a manual for the aviation engineering services of the Mi-24 units, according to which if necessary, they could independently equip helicopters with R-60 missiles. An additional manual for air crews was also issued instructing them on the use of the R-60 AAM system installed at the airfield. This was discussed in Russian forums.

Разница в том, что на Кобре это штатно, а у Ми-24 - требуется доработка.

Советскими военными специалистами в середине 1970-ых оценивалась боевая эффективность воздушного боя ударных вертолетов. Проводились и натурные эксперименты МВЗ им. Миля совместно с коломенским Конструкторским бюро машиностроения на Ми-24В с ракетами ПЗРК "Стрела-2". Эти работы были продолжны во второй половине 80-ых годов на Ми-24 с ракетами "воздух-воздух" Р-60 и Р-73. Специалисты 344-го ЦБП армейской авиации доработали вертолет и выполнили на нем экспериментальные работы по изучению возможностей машины в 1038-м ЦПЛС в Туркестанском военном округе. Пуски ракет выполнял летчик, прицеливаясь с помощью АПС-17В и доворачивая машину до момента захвата цели ИКГСН ракет. Пробные пуски по САБам прошли достаточно успешно. Отработка атак по вертолетам, оснащенным ЭВУ, в переднюю полусферу показала, что ИКГСН захватывают цель с расстояния не более 600 м, для поршневых самолетов получили еще более удручающие результаты. Среднеазиатский климат внес свою лепту: при полете на малой высоте ИКГСН ракет реагировали на нагретую солнцем свыше 60╟С землю, выдавая ложные сигнал. И все же некоторые вертолетные эскадрильи Ми-24В Советской Армии оснастили ракетами Р-60, в том числе ГСВГ. Ракетами "воздух-воздух" ближнего боя вооружались иракские Ми-24.

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/ah/mi24v.html

В 1989 году начался выпуск модификации Ми-24ВП, эта машина имела более мощное вооружение, систему управления огнем и системы, позволяющие использовать вертолет ночью. Ми-24ВП был оснащен даже ракетами класса «воздух-воздух», позволявшие ему сбивать самолеты противника. Было выпущено около 30 подобных машин.

http://militaryarms.ru/voennaya-texnika/aviaciya/mi-24/

было руководство по выполнению доработки вертолетов в частях для возможности применения Р-60 с применением АПУ для подвески двух ракет под один пилон. Насколько помню, доработка по времени рассчитывалась как прим.1,5-2часа для двух спецов по вооружению на один вертолет. И разработано метод.пособие по боевому применению Р-60 при выполнении атак ВЦ.

Что-то типа этого? Ведь Р-60 могут и по наземным целям работать.

В DCS Ми24 сможет нести Р-60?

Доработка оборудования для пуска была минимальной и производилась силами ИАС полка, подвешивались штатные ПУ для Р-60, в кабине командира пульт управления размером с пачку папирос, три лампочки, выключатель цепи. Головка самонаведения тепловая, экипаж перед вылетом проверял работоспособность зажженой сигаретой,при включенных цепях движется за источником тепла. В конце 88 года Каганский полк разодрали, 24-ки ушли в Чирчик, оттуда подготовленные экипажи летали с Р-60ми на БД ,площадка на границе с Ираном. Хотел бы высказать свое мнение по С-24, имею некоторый опыт применения, для пусков с вертолета ракета непригодна, ряд недостатков перечислили коллеги,но главный ее недостаток маленькая дальность, c ГП максимальная дальность пуска около 1200м, пускать с кабрирования можно только на генеральских показухах, в боевых условиях порадуешь лихим маневром только противника.

http://vertoletciki.forumbb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=323&p=29

34696d1321433187-st18.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=119561&stc=1&d=1436474822

attachment.php?attachmentid=119560&stc=1&d=1436474823

18505-1-f.jpg

As for the Igla-V missile weapon system, its advertising samples could only be seen at some air shows in the 1990s and 2000s, after which they have sunk into oblivion.

Igla-V launch unit at MAKS-2005.

mil026.jpg

Original in Russian

Да, это верно. Министерство обороны СССР не считало целесообразным использование ракет «воздух-воздух» на вертолётах армейской авиации по причине маловероятности ведения вертолётами воздушных боёв. Если же такие ситуации вдруг бы возникли, то считалось, что вертолёт сможет решить эти проблемы штатным вооружением: ПТУР или стрелково-пушечным оружием.

В то же время, подготовка к пуску УР «В-В» с неохлаждаемым или термоэлектрически охлаждаемым фотоприёмником ИКГСН (Р-60 и Р-60М соответственно) будет несколько проще, чем подготовка к пуску советских ракет ПЗРК (2-го и 3-го поколений) с хладагентным охлаждением фотоприёмника, в которых необходимы дополнительные органы управления для прокола наземного источника питания. Это значительно упрощает монтаж системы УР «В-В» с неохлаждаемым или термоэлектрически охлаждаемым фотоприёмником на вертолёте, который может производиться в аэродромных условиях.

Кроме того, большое количество ракет Р-60 имелось на армейских складах, и вероятно Министерство обороны СССР посчитало эпизодическое использование именно этих ракет на вертолётах Ми-24 менее затратным вариантом, чем начало серийного производства системы управляемого вооружения «Игла-В», применение которой в боевых действиях сочли маловероятным.

Исходя из этого, Министерство обороны СССР судя по-всему не стало серийно внедрять ракеты «воздух-воздух» на армейские вертолёты, а ограничилось лишь тем, что после окончания полного цикла испытаний издало для инженерно-авиационных служб частей Ми-24 руководство, согласно которому они при необходимости могли самостоятельно дооборудовать вертолёты ракетами Р-60. Также было издано дополнительное руководство для авиаэкипажей, инструктирующее их по использованию системы УР «В-В» Р-60, установленной на аэродроме. Это обсуждалось на русскоязычных форумах.

Что касается системы управляемого вооружения «Игла-В», то её рекламные образцы можно было увидеть только лишь на некоторых авиасалонах в 1990-х и 2000-х годах, после чего они канули в лету.

Авиационное пусковое устройство «Игла-В» на МАКС-2005.

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

Yes, that's right. The USSR Ministry of Defense did not consider it advisable to use air-to-air missiles in army helicopters because of the unlikely nature of helicopter air battles. If such situations would suddenly arise, it was believed that the helicopter would be able to solve these problems with standard weapons: ATGMs or GAU armaments.

At the same time, preparation for launching AAMs with an uncooled or thermoelectrically cooled photodetector of the IR homing head (R-60 and R-60M, respectively) will be somewhat simpler than preparation for launching Soviet MANPADS missiles (2nd and 3rd generations) with refrigerant cooling of the photodetector, in which additional controls are needed to puncture the battery and coolant unit. This greatly simplifies the installation of an AAM system with an uncooled or thermoelectrically cooled photodetector on a helicopter, which can be carried out in airfield conditions.

In addition, a large number of R-60 missiles were available in army depots, and probably the USSR Ministry of Defense considered the episodic use of these missiles in Mi-24 helicopters to be less costly than the start of serial production of the Igla-V missile weapon system, the use of which in combat operations considered unlikely.

Proceeding from this, the USSR Ministry of Defense apparently did not serially introduce air-to-air missiles to army helicopters, but limited itself to the fact that after the end of the full test cycle it issued a manual for the aviation engineering services of the Mi-24 units, according to which if necessary, they could independently equip helicopters with R-60 missiles. An additional manual for air crews was also issued instructing them on the use of the R-60 AAM system installed at the airfield. This was discussed in Russian forums.

As for the Igla-V missile weapon system, its advertising samples could only be seen at some air shows in the 1990s and 2000s, after which they have sunk into oblivion.

Igla-V launch unit at MAKS-2005.

mil026.jpg

Original in Russian

Да, это верно. Министерство обороны СССР не считало целесообразным использование ракет «воздух-воздух» на вертолётах армейской авиации по причине маловероятности ведения вертолётами воздушных боёв. Если же такие ситуации вдруг бы возникли, то считалось, что вертолёт сможет решить эти проблемы штатным вооружением: ПТУР или стрелково-пушечным оружием.

В то же время, подготовка к пуску УР «В-В» с неохлаждаемым или термоэлектрически охлаждаемым фотоприёмником ИКГСН (Р-60 и Р-60М соответственно) будет несколько проще, чем подготовка к пуску советских ракет ПЗРК (2-го и 3-го поколений) с хладагентным охлаждением фотоприёмника, в которых необходимы дополнительные органы управления для прокола наземного источника питания. Это значительно упрощает монтаж системы УР «В-В» с неохлаждаемым или термоэлектрически охлаждаемым фотоприёмником на вертолёте, который может производиться в аэродромных условиях.

Кроме того, большое количество ракет Р-60 имелось на армейских складах, и вероятно Министерство обороны СССР посчитало эпизодическое использование именно этих ракет на вертолётах Ми-24 менее затратным вариантом, чем начало серийного производства системы управляемого вооружения «Игла-В», применение которой в боевых действиях сочли маловероятным.

Исходя из этого, Министерство обороны СССР судя по-всему не стало серийно внедрять ракеты «воздух-воздух» на армейские вертолёты, а ограничилось лишь тем, что после окончания полного цикла испытаний издало для инженерно-авиационных служб частей Ми-24 руководство, согласно которому они при необходимости могли самостоятельно дооборудовать вертолёты ракетами Р-60. Также было издано дополнительное руководство для авиаэкипажей, инструктирующее их по использованию системы УР «В-В» Р-60, установленной на аэродроме. Это обсуждалось на русскоязычных форумах.

Что касается системы управляемого вооружения «Игла-В», то её рекламные образцы можно было увидеть только лишь на некоторых авиасалонах в 1990-х и 2000-х годах, после чего они канули в лету.

Авиационное пусковое устройство «Игла-В» на МАКС-2005.

Thank you again for your kind help, Спасибо! :beer:

Flying an Mi-24 for the next video would be cool, yeah?

:music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

:music_whistling:

Haha, i saw the same comment and came here to have a look if somebody already have this reported. :megalol::thumbup:

Now i'm intrigued if the next Wags video over Syria is in an Mi-24 :shocking::hehe::shifty:

Sorry if this has been discussed in the 100-odd pages of this thread.

But does anyone know what precision guided weapons the model of the Hind DCS is working on will have?

Google shows the only one the Mi-24P has is the 9M114/AT-6, which radio-guided through a visual TV system.

Is that correct and is that it?

Sorry if this has been discussed in the 100-odd pages of this thread.

But does anyone know what precision guided weapons the model of the Hind DCS is working on will have?

Google shows the only one the Mi-24P has is the 9M114/AT-6, which radio-guided through a visual TV system.

Is that correct and is that it?

Pretty much. It's not even remotely similar to something like an Apache, and its principal mission does not involve tank plinking from several miles away. It is a treetop height screecher, pop up and dump a few thousand pounds of rockets and dumb bombs, then fly away at some of the highest speeds any helicopter is capable of kind of aircraft.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

we may get the newer version of the 9m114/AT-6 spiral

the 9m120 Ataka/ AT-9 spiral 2

new missile with the same guidance.

but who knows?

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

dont know if its been mentioned here, but the hind is forbidden from weapons fire in a hover since the gases will suffocate the engines. this includes atgms, so all weapons are used in attack runs

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5