3rd TM MFD??

In anticipation of the Hornet coming out soon, I have purchased another TM MFD to use for the EHSI. When I plugged it in today, I was surprised by the notice that I was about to change the "profile" I think it said, and it recognized the one I plugged in as #1 MFD. It then occurred to me that DCS may only recognize 2 MFD's. Has anyone else in here successfully used 3 TM MFD's in DCS World? If so, can you let me know what the secret is?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I googled around a little, as I recall reading this before. It should work out of the box, but not with TARGET as that seems to limit it to 2 mfd's.

See if you can change its device ID, maybe removing it from regedit and plugging it in a new usb port.

Not at my computer atm, but someone will probably get you better advice soon.

It should work tho, so hang in there!

In anticipation of the Hornet coming out soon, I have purchased another TM MFD to use for the EHSI. When I plugged it in today, I was surprised by the notice that I was about to change the "profile" I think it said, and it recognized the one I plugged in as #1 MFD. It then occurred to me that DCS may only recognize 2 MFD's. Has anyone else in here successfully used 3 TM MFD's in DCS World? If so, can you let me know what the secret is?

I also purchased a second set of TM MFD's for the pending release of the Hornet, I haven't attempted to set up the third MFD but will later on this afternoon. I was wondering if ED would include a profile to include the use of the thrid MFD, or will we have to modify one like using several monitors.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I have all 4 MFD's working in DCS with no problem. All 4 can be programed in the game but not with Target. Target limits you to 2 so the other 2 would have to be dealt with in the game.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Thanks for all the responses fellas. I tried to update my Target software but that didn't accomplish anything. So, I just plugged it in and started DCS. I went into the control section of the Mi-8 because I wanted to use the 3rd MFD to be able to run the Garmin 430. DCS sees it as another #1 MFD and the real pisser is, I can't control the LED's on it. They are at max brightness and the upper LH corner light designating it as #1 is trying to poke my eye out! Some electrician's tape will fix that toot sweet! Other than that, it works like a charm and took all the key assignments just like it should. :thumbup: Can't wait for the Hornet!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AG-51_Razor

First, I live in Bend, Or where are you?

Second, go to the windows game controller and make sure you do not have two number ones. Click the mfd and go to properties and it should tell you what number it is in the upper right corner.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hi guys, when you use TM cougar MFD, do you have a 8" screen or just the buttons ?

thanks

I'm using three 8" screens with my TM cougar MFD buttons

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Thanks for all the responses fellas. I tried to update my Target software but that didn't accomplish anything. So, I just plugged it in and started DCS. I went into the control section of the Mi-8 because I wanted to use the 3rd MFD to be able to run the Garmin 430. DCS sees it as another #1 MFD and the real pisser is, I can't control the LED's on it. They are at max brightness and the upper LH corner light designating it as #1 is trying to poke my eye out! Some electrician's tape will fix that toot sweet! Other than that, it works like a charm and took all the key assignments just like it should. :thumbup: Can't wait for the Hornet!!

Finally got my third 8"screen and MFC set up and DCS recongized it and all the buttons work, but now I have two number two MFD's. I agree it does look nice even thought it's a little bright, maybe some changes will be coming on the 30th.

Spoiler:

I have three hooked up, and third showing as second #1 and I am able to adjust the LED brightness in the ( target gui ) control brightness state.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64