Track replay is bugged...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Known issue, track replays are unreliable especially for long MP tracks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

But this is not a random spot... it always seems to stop at same kind of moment... on all my Blue Flag tracks...

Could you try and replay this one and get a Tacview out... and tell me if it stops for you too?

Cause I know what a bugged track is when it sticks your plane into the ground when it didn't happen... but this one is different... it literally stops DCS from going forward and gives me some "grass near taxiway" view that's not even in cockpit...

:wallbash:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I've always had problems with tracks in general. Maybe not the same issue, and mine has been with SP tracks, but the majority of the time when I play back a track at some point any player controlled aircraft starts behaving oddly. This can start very early in the track leaving me to watch my A-10C taxi into a building or it can be later on after take off leaving me to watch my F-15 roll slowly over and dive into the ocean. It seems that in general the tracks have some major issues. I don't even bother using tracks any more unless I need some video clips that I can't get very easily while in mission and then I just do what I need to do early in the mission so I have a better chance of getting the clips before the track goes haywire.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

There is some improvement visible though. In 1.5.4.U3 the tracks of short missions with warbirds for example, which were always going bonkers immediately during taxiing on the ramp, now play perfectly fine on my PC, as long as I DON'T play them immediately after the mission, but exit the game, load it again and THEN try to play them. That's for single player, though. I don't do MP, so cannot comment on that.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 4 weeks later...

Have the Tracks been fixed?

Does anyone know if the tracks still have play back issues? I want to post a few tracks but it's kind of senseless if they are still broken.

Until this last update, you could use the Nvidia software "Shadowplay" to record tracks, but they have seen fit to toss it and instead have you record tracks that go directly to some online deal. The problem with this is two fold for me. I'm not into posting everything I do for them to exploit, and....It doesn't matter anyway because you can only record on the new software if Gforce recognizes your software as a game that they support. And well.....They do not support DCS.

So I'm back to having no recording ability. That is unless E.D has found a fix for the tracks.

• ED Team

tracks are still unreliable, but dont let that stop you posting a track, I look at many tracks daily for bug reporting most of them are good enough to show a problem.

If you want to record your self that is a different matter, I personally stopped using shadow play a while ago, and now use OBS which is a free recording tool

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Does anyone know if the tracks still have play back issues? I want to post a few tracks but it's kind of senseless if they are still broken.

Until this last update, you could use the Nvidia software "Shadowplay" to record tracks, but they have seen fit to toss it and instead have you record tracks that go directly to some online deal. The problem with this is two fold for me. I'm not into posting everything I do for them to exploit, and....It doesn't matter anyway because you can only record on the new software if Gforce recognizes your software as a game that they support. And well.....They do not support DCS.

So I'm back to having no recording ability. That is unless E.D has found a fix for the tracks.

My tracks and replays have been perfect for a long time now, at least for this last year.

As for the Shadowplay, I'm on v368.22 and despite the interface being removed and a log in system forced on me with features I don't need, the play record hotkey still works and records as before.

Edit: OK, I found the gui. It's under "share your greatest gaming moments/settings"

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Offline tracks, which were notoriously going bonkers in early iterations of 1.5.4 (mostly for WWII planes) are working fine for me nowadays. No idea about online though, as I don't do any of this stuff.

Just to be on the safe side, however, I always play the track only after exiting the game and loading it up once again.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of how track saving works in DCS (based on principle of recording of aircraft control inputs only, not their position), by the definition tracks saved on one version might not (and usually will not) be 100% compatible with any other. With so many game version changes between June and now, I'd say there's no way You will be able to play such old tracks properly.

We have good track files from our server. We are a formation flight server, and fly close to each other.. We have immortal set, so we can continue practice without having to take off again.

Because we are immortal we have no crash debris on the ground, there are no ground collisions. If someone in our flight does collide with my aircraft, or with the lead aircraft, then the trk file goosed from that point forward. However if I spawn into a new aircraft, the track will continue from that point, until your next collision.

For me this works, and I have tracks that last over an hour.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

• 2 months later...

I did some testing with my brandnew Spitfire :)

After 2 crashed planes (total loss) I managed at my third attempt to (partly) successful taxi to the RWY, take off, fly a circle and land (second approach) with almost no damage (just broken legs due to unwanted touch-and-go). Pilot was still alive!

Proud of this amazing progress I saved this track to delight myself in watching me later. ;) And maybe learn sth. of this.

Long story short: While watching (replay) it ends everytime in a desaster: Plane crashes somewhere in the weeds.

Why I write it here: The AC crashes everytime at another(!) place. Sometimes in the meadow, sometimes it hits a bunker frontal. It reaches never the RWY, nor it takes off.

Annoying and disappointing.

PS: I use F3-view to let the Plane pass me cause the bird looks and sounds really great while passing!!!

Edited by Tekkx

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

As soon as you use dynamic weather, it can't work, as it "records" only inputs etc.

If anything changes just a little bit from record to "replay" it will fail ultimately.

If you need a debriefing or want to analyze the mission, use TacView instead.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The day before yesterday I've managed to successfully play a saved Spitfire track with full cold start, taxi, takeoff, a few strafing passes, approach and landing...

...yesterday the very same track played on the very same computer went bonkers immediately after first meters of taxiing :D (no dynamic weather!).

Don't ya just love this damn input recording system sometimes.

The day before yesterday I've managed to successfully play a saved Spitfire track with full cold start, taxi, takeoff, a few strafing passes, approach and landing...

...yesterday the very same track played on the very same computer went bonkers immediately after first meters of taxiing :D (no dynamic weather!).

Don't ya just love this damn input recording system sometimes.

Exact same thing minus the strafing passes, cold start, taxi, take off, turn around and RTB, no two replays are the same.