Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Very interesting ABL clip:

Interesting weapon. Northrop Grumman - great company. One note though, it is only used for attacking ballistic missiles in boost stage (5:21)? That means it should fly pretty close to the launch site (probably just several miles away) as the laser loses power at long distances - something pretty impossible to achieve nowadays :huh:

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The new french "projection and command" ship Mistrall class. It is capable of transporting and deploying helicopters, tanks, other land vehicles, amphibious vehicles, troops. This ship is the largest in French Navy after the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle. Russia is discussing the purchase of one Mistral class ship and the possibility of participation in building 4-5 more.

mistrallclass1.jpg

mistrallclass2.jpg

mistrallclass3.jpg

mistrallclass5.jpg

mistrallclass6.jpg

mistrallclass7.jpg

mistrallclass8.jpg

mistrallclass9.jpg

mistrallclass10.jpg

mistrallclass11.jpg

mistrallclass12.jpg

mistrallclass13.jpg

mistrallclass15.jpg

Russia discussing purchase of foreign equipment? never thought i'd live to hear about that, considering it's western build...

Theres two pilots who got a nice tie.... That is if they uaed an M.B. seat.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team
Interesting weapon. Northrop Grumman - great company. One note though, it is only used for attacking ballistic missiles in boost stage (5:21)? That means it should fly pretty close to the launch site (probably just several miles away) as the laser loses power at long distances - something pretty impossible to achieve nowadays :huh:

It's more than a couple of miles :)

It's more than a couple of miles :)

You might be right i`m not into laser weapons ;) But as far as i know solid fuel ICBMs are harder to destroy, the laser needs more time to cause significant damage. Two more factors are making them even more difficult to deal with laser technology - there are claims that several modern ICBMs have some layers of laser resistant materials to reduce the effectiveness of the laser (at least for some time) and also are designed for very fast acceleration (boost stage) after launch offering very limited time for reaction/attack. Of course as ICBM silos are under heavy guard you should penetrate all the defences first to get close enough. Something a lot of experts are considering unlikely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://mediencenter.n24.de/index.php?deepLink=screen/startScreen/video/425904

German TV documentation about the american F-16 pilot which got shot down by a SA-6 Gainful "Kub" SAM during the peration "Deny Flight" over Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hollywood version: Behind Enemy Lines

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

You might be right i`m not into laser weapons ;) But as far as i know solid fuel ICBMs are harder to destroy, the laser needs more time to cause significant damage. Two more factors are making them even more difficult to deal with laser technology - there are claims that several modern ICBMs have some layers of laser resistant materials to reduce the effectiveness of the laser (at least for some time) and also are designed for very fast acceleration (boost stage) after launch offering very limited time for reaction/attack. Of course as ICBM silos are under heavy guard you should penetrate all the defences first to get close enough. Something a lot of experts are considering unlikely.

The ABL isnt designed for ICBMs. More like TBMs, like Scuds in GW1, where the patriots were unable destroy any of the missiles...

Just place an AL-1 on patrol when you've gained Air Supremacy and have some fighters guard it. Then it's just to burn the TBMs out of the sky as they lift off :)

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

The ABL isnt designed for ICBMs. More like TBMs, like Scuds in GW1, where the patriots were unable destroy any of the missiles...

Just place an AL-1 on patrol when you've gained Air Supremacy and have some fighters guard it. Then it's just to burn the TBMs out of the sky as they lift off :)

Yeah but even against TBMs it sounds too optimistic. If we are talking about attacking the missile in boost stage a lot of factors play role and no one is giving us info of the time needed for reaction after launch detected, for lock on the target, for destroying it (while probably everything should be done in seconds). So it looks to me like "we can destroy it if we know its exact position, time of launch, and we are heading for its position" - so to say perfect conditions. Also i might be wrong but i don`t think tests have been made with firing from great distances (100+ miles) not to speak of firing at a target similar to TBMs. Another unknown is the skin protection. Once the perspective of deploying laser systems for countering missiles becomes more real IMHO we should expect various countermeasures in return. So, too many unknowns...

Quote from The Wall Street Journal:

"Funding for missile defense was cut in the 2010 budget by some 15%—$1.2 billion to $1.6 billion, depending on how you calculate it. The number of ground-based interceptors was reduced. The Missile Defense Agency's budget for the Airborne Laser is to be slashed in half, and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates pulled the plug on buying a second plane. The Pentagon says the program will have three tries to hit a live missile, or be killed altogether."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

090902-N-2013O-025.jpg

090825-N-1522S-020.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Either Harpon or tomahwk

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Actualy all of the scuds were intercepted and destroyed, however tacticaly speaking PATRIOT simply was not the proper weapon to use because should they have chamical weapons onboard they would have been spilled upon inpact over the cities.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P