I can't imagine a better flight sim experience with current tech

streakeagle

1) DCS World UH-1H flying in Persian Gulf

2) VKB MCG Pro with extension

3) Oculus Rift VR

4) PC that can run this at decent frame rate 45/90 fps.

The only thing that could be better would be solid 90 fps with resolution equivalent to using 2D 4K display and maxed out graphics quality.

I have been flying the UH-1H since the original early release date. I know a certain part of my flying ability comes from all the hours I have flown. But my ability to circle a ship, land on its deck at will, effortlessly transition to backwards flight in front of the ship with zero relative motion while circling around... all that comes from a stick that has no problems allowing me to make very small corrections even near the center and a VR headset with 1:1 tracking, wide FOV in both the vertical and horizontal, and the resulting immersive sense of relative motion via peripheral vision.

Having started my virtual flying with the Combat game cartridge on the Atari 2600 flying jets and biplanes in blocky lo-res 2d, I am overwhelmed at how far the consumer grade tech has come!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would add full cockpit manipulation with CaptoGlove which I have encountered in the postage I hope it will be here next week if so I may release two initial posts on my blog on the 1st

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Very keen to hear how the captogloves go. Was looking at the today. Could add so much to the oculus

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Mobo Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit