The Hornet Release Day Anticipation Thread

FZG_Immel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are so funny :> I want to get a day off tomorrow, but i cant...i have to work. And I have to upgrade my PC first, to be abble to play Hornet...

BTW how old are you guys...im 33 and I have a wife and a kid and still playing, but i dont have a lot of free time do do it :>

Maybe im oldest here haha :>

Youngster!! I'm 55 going on 27, and every bit as excited for the release, been a massive ED fan since Flanker days.

I'm overseas in Baghdad just now, as a security contractor, brought my HOTAS shit with me this time purely to get up to speed on the F18, as far as I'm aware, I will not have any missions, so I'm hoping to see the release around 1600 Local ... then the room door is getting locked!! :lol:

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think each of my modules was less than 1 GB. Fingers crossed your download is less than two hours (and that I'm not giving you false hope) :-)

I would have a guess there will be an update the DCS World as well.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Buddy of mine is there as well. Not Baghdad but Iraq on his tour with the German army. I doubt his entertainment packet includes a proper, gameworthy connection though ;)

I was happy with a connection good enough for some voip calls when I was in Mali last year xD

Youngster!! I'm 55 going on 27, and every bit as excited for the release, been a massive ED fan since Flanker days.

I'm overseas in Baghdad just now, as a security contractor, brought my HOTAS shit with me this time purely to get up to speed on the F18, as far as I'm aware, I will not have any missions, so I'm hoping to see the release around 1600 Local ... then the room door is getting locked!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

I would have a guess there will be an update the DCS World as well.

Oh yeah, very true. With the AV8B I don’t think that was over 1 GB (extra) but this is a different situation, especially due to 2.5

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

32 here with wife and three little demons... I only fly 1 hour per day after the kids go to bed, therefore my hot date tomorrow night is the F-18. Hopefully I will be able to do a complete walk around, full startup procedure, takeoff, fly around to familiarize myself, land, taxi, full shutdown procedure and return it to the crew chief.

Yep, guilty. Even took some of my Long Service Leave.

I have done everything I can to ensure I have Thursday onward (Australian time) free but there seems to be some global conspiracy working against me ........ relatives all of a sudden visiting - ON THURSDAY! from interstate. WTF??? My brother can only get Thursday & Friday off and desperately needs a had with stuff at his place ... WTF??

I have been laying the groundwork with my missus for weeks now, getting stuff she wants done around the house sorted, dropping hints about the release date, showing her trailers etc. She politely feigns mild interest.

I think I've got her convinced that she will hardly seem me for the next few day while I get my Hornet fix sorted. All she needs to do is drop off food and water twice a day to the study.

"Hi, I'm Phantom453, I'm 53 and I'm a DCS addict."

Edited by Phantom453

I took tomorrow off but the wife double crossed me and did too so we can “hang out”.,.sigh

Hahaha... Check and mate! I start my weekend at 8am Pacific time. By the time I rush home at break neck speed it'll be ready to download!

Tomorrow is no big deal for me since I'll likely wait for full release. But I hope the rest of you enjoy your summer Christmas. :)

You have more will power than I do.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I just submitted my time for tmrw. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals