[REPORTED] pylons thing doesnt work in multiplayer

Yanks_83

Pylons are only removable during mission editor,

Unable to remove them during mission

That kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think what he means is when you use the rearm window, you can't remove them.

Tested this in single player. If you initially had the pylons off the plane but go to refuel/rearm on the ground in mission, they will put them back on. You can select to tell them to be removed, but they will not be removed from what I can tell.

I think what he means is when you use the rearm window, you can't remove them.

Tested this in single player. If you initially had the pylons off the plane but go to refuel/rearm on the ground in mission, they will put them back on. You can select to tell them to be removed, but they will not be removed from what I can tell.

Which still makes sense. Removing pylons from an aircraft is not a relatively quick and simple operation, unlike reloading bombs/missiles.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Which still makes sense. Removing pylons from an aircraft is not a relatively quick and simple operation, unlike reloading bombs/missiles.

Kind of like repairing an aircraft that was struck by a SAM in 170 seconds....?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | 32gb DDR4 | GeForce 3070 | TM Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswinds V2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kind of like repairing an aircraft that was struck by a SAM in 170 seconds....?

No argument there.

However, the idea of landing after a combat mission and flying off to do an airshow is even more ludicrous.

Edited by cichlidfan

Pretty sure what he means is, when you create a mission with 4 jets w/o pylons and launch the mission in multiplayer, you won't see them on your plane, but they will appear on others clients aircraft, and same for them, they won't have them on their own plane but they will notice them on others clients aircraft.

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

it works fine for me in single player take it to multiplayer they come off my jet but my pilots I still see theirs basically what I'm saying the pylons are off for the client but they're not off for the other clients there a bug

It's the first step...like BIGNEWY said:

currently only cosmetic, this will change in the future.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3529637&postcount=240

My guess this will be done in the future(not only reduce drag but MP compatibility).

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Removing the option for players makes no sense, as in multiplayer servers, you're going to have some who want them on, some who want them off. Aerobatic servers are a good example of this. Putting pylons back on (say, to carry external fuel, or smokewinders (if that happens)) is not more ludicrous than repairing an aircraft with two wings sheered off and two smoking, on fire engines in 170 seconds.

Which is all beside the point. The point is this feature isn't yet fully working as intended, even offline. As I said, if you have pylons off and go to refuel in mission, the game will put them back on for you, even if you ask for them not to be. If you object to them being taken off during a mission, then this should be equally egregious for you.

So this is still a bug that will likely be fixed in a later patch.

I Think the OPs issue is Network Sync,

Since right now the Remove Pylons command changes the Argument for the Pylon,

When a Player Removes Pylons, they are still visible to other players on the server.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

SkateZilla that's exactly what's happening

Thanks for confirming.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Since right now the Remove Pylons command changes the Argument for the Pylon,

When a Player Removes Pylons, they are still visible to other players on the server.

In fact, they're still visible for oneself even in single player rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I just finished Chuck's guide a minute ago **my head still buzzes** and iirc,

the Jettison Selector Switch allows to Jettison stores "with" rails and w/o rails.

Are those rails the whole pylon or only the outer part ?

I could/should check it myself...yahhh....too tired ;)

After reading Chucks guide..I think I need to redo my stick config...LoL, sorry Wags ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

SkateZilla..ED

Okay did some testing figured out some things

1. the removal pylon is working only for air spawn

2. if you go in the mission editor and do ramp start you will have pylons do not understand why but they will be there anything that has to do with ground parking they spawn with pylon

3. air spawn also works for Multiplayer as shown in the picture

4. https://gyazo.com/02927adc166d25bef11e3cb11403d976

VTS_Puma thank you for helping me test

Edited by Yanks

Pylons still show up on other players aircraft

I made a mission removing all pylons on the f-18's I placed in my mission. My pylons are completely removed, however in multiplayer I can still see all of my friends pylons still on the aircraft. They stated that their F-18 in fact doesn't have pylons on their own screen but can see mine and other players still hanging from the wings.

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals