Bad skills using mk20 ret bombs

NightstalkerNOR

Hi.

I'm having issues using the mk20 ret clusterbombs. I've used both CCIP and AUTO and the bomblets always hit way off target.

Any tips in using these types of bombs?

Thanks

I have the same experience, however if I drop at lower altitudes with intervals of 50 i get some vehicle kills. But there is risk to iR manpads & AAA fire.

Can someone share their settings? I'd like to know how to use them when they do get fixed. I'm doing something wrong because I never see any effect on the ground unless I drop them FF but then the canister never opens.

Edited by erautour

Can someone share their settings? I'd like to know how to use them when they do get fixed. I'm doing something wrong because I never see any effect on the ground unless I drop them FF but then the canister never opens.

You simply need to wait for the patch.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I still need to know how to set them up properly

Wait for the patch... Settings like VT are not coded yet so we can't tell you the settings that you should use.

Patience is your friend.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Grim Reapers have a great tutorial for Mk82 Snakeeyes

"FA-18C Hornet: Accurate Snakeye Ripple Bombing Tutorial | DCS WORLD"

After trying strafing it also seems the whole bombsight and gunsight needs work. The convergence of the gunsight doesn't seem to take into account slant angle and range (assuming radar and onboard sensors are providing these). Put a pipper on a ground target and pull the trigger and the rounds go above the target to land behind it. Both A-10 and Harrier handle this correctly, but the Hornet needs more work on this - we expect such teething issues for Early Access.