Disable G limiter during whole flight?

Terzi

I use the boat switch FW on my Hotas Warthog.

The g limiter is now continuous disabled !.

Can't wait until they implement damage to the aircraft for over stress, sort of like BMS does with stores errors so there's a consequence to doing it. At the end of the day its supposed to be a simulator, that g overide paddle is a emergency situation only and you would most likely loose your wings for unauthorized use.

Can't wait until they implement damage to the aircraft for over stress, sort of like BMS does with stores errors so there's a consequence to doing it. At the end of the day its supposed to be a simulator, that g overide paddle is a emergency situation only and you would most likely loose your wings for unauthorized use.

+1

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

+1

Really just play in game mode if you really want this available.

If you use the switch it would be good if on landing the aircraft slowly disintegrated around you as just wrecked it anyway and then whoever got you to overstress got the kill

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I'm also wondering if it would be possible to implement increased repair-time caused by overstressing the airframe due to use of the paddle switch.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

It worked fine last time I tried it. Pressing the paddle switch does also disengage the autopilot, and holding it disables G-limiter. Why you'd want to I'm not sure though.

I've used it when jumped by fighters. I have also used it when miscalculating my dive and I needed the extra angle to avoid hitting the ground. Use it sparingly though...

Majority of the flights, I don't need nor use it.

I'm also wondering if it would be possible to implement increased repair-time caused by overstressing the airframe due to use of the paddle switch.

Agree, this would be a nice "feature."

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

It's the same button as per real plane.

I don't have a paddle switch so I'm using another button which works fine for controlling the A/P disengage and the NWS disengage. Is it auto configured to work or do I have to map it because I'm not using the default button on the HOTAS?

I don't have a paddle switch so I'm using another button which works fine for controlling the A/P disengage and the NWS disengage. Is it auto configured to work or do I have to map it because I'm not using the default button on the HOTAS?

It's the same button as per real plane.

you just have to assign it once. AP-disengage/NWS-off/G-limiter-override is the very same paddle switch in the real jet and it's also just one button to assign in the options-menu.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

you just have to assign it once. AP-disengage/NWS-off/G-limiter-override is the very same paddle switch in the real jet and it's also just one button to assign in the options-menu.

Is it auto configured to work automatically when I press the A/P disengage and the NWS disengage?

LOL at the folks talking about crew yelling at them and losing your wings etc...

If my life is in danger I'm using the switch.

I don't care what the CO says.

As a side note... I doubt the CO would say anything aside from "Thanks for getting my super expensive pilot back to me... We'll have your name painted on another air-frame ASAP..."

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

LOL at the folks talking about crew yelling at them and losing your wings etc...

If my life is in danger I'm using the switch.

I don't care what the CO says.

As a side note... I doubt the CO would say anything aside from "Thanks for getting my super expensive pilot back to me... We'll have your name painted on another air-frame ASAP..."

No-one said anything about losing their wings as far as I can see, any certainly no-one said not to use it if there's a good reason to.

That would probably depend on how many times you had to push the paddle to save your life.

At some point it would be cheaper to replace the pilot. (It's just a game, I know) :)

It's more expensive to replace a fighter pilot than it is any of the fighters it operates. A pilot cost the government well over 100 million dollars to train up. A Hornet cost a good bit less than 100mil. Pilots are encouraged to do everything possible to make it back home alive, at the expense of the jet, as long as it's warranted by situation.

• Like 1